This warranty applies to Coalesse, Brayton, Metro and Vecta brand products delivered in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean. Coalesse, a division of Steelcase Inc. (“Coalesse”), warrants that Coalesse, Brayton, Metro and Vecta brand commercial products are free from defects in materials or workmanship, for a period of ten years, subject to the exceptions listed below. Coalesse will repair or replace with comparable product, at its option and free of charge, any product, part or component manufactured after January 19, 2009 that fails under normal use as a result of such defect. This warranty applies from the date of manufacture, regardless of shift usage and is valid only for the original purchaser.
All interior wood frames
- 5 years
Wood veneer, metal chair frames, functional mechanisms such as dollies, carts and trolleys, seating components including controls, adjustment mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, and tablet arm assemblies.
- 3 years
High wear parts such as casters and glides stocked fabrics and other stocked covering materials, – all other fabrics and leathers (Design TEX, Maharem, etc.) originating manufacturer warranties apply
- 2 years
Exposed wood frames1 year Standard marker boards, electrical components (including task lights, power strips, harnesses, power blocks, outlets, data connectors, audio and video connectors and all tabletop devices), drawer and door mechanisms, keyboard supports, fiberglass panels, replacement parts, granite and glass top surfaces
Exclusions - this warranty does not apply to product failure resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- Failure to apply, install, or maintain products according to published Coalesse instructions and guidelines
- Abuse, misuse or accident
- Alteration or modification of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-Coalesse components for use in the place of Coalesse components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to work surfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins, and other integral components.
The following products and materials are not covered by this warranty:
- Products considered consumables (e.g. lamps), Customer’s own (COM) or non-standard textiles and materials
- Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g. colorfastness or matching grains, textures and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots)
- Other manufacturer’s products, including PP Møbler and Carl Hansen (Coalesse will pass through other manufacturer’s warranties where applicable and to the extent possible)
This limited warranty is the sole remedy for product defect and no other express or implied warranty is provided, including but not limited to any implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Coalesse shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages arising from any product defect.