Job Opportunities at Smart Furniture
Working at Smart Furniture
We invite those who want to play a vital role in our company’s growth and success to join us at our home base in Chattanooga. Our team’s goal is to provide every customer with the best experience anywhere. The people who work here are smart, hard working, and eager to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
If you're looking for the usual 9-to-5, this is not the job for you. We're looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who will put in the extra time to finish the task at hand, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
Important: If you do not have a sense of humor, if you complain a lot, or if you feel like you are entitled to things, please do not apply.
However, if you love a challenge, laugh with people, strive for excellence, and make lemonade out of those pesky lemons, please do apply.
Current Job Openings at Smart Furniture
INTERNET CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
SmartFurniture.com is looking for a new Customer Service Representative. We are a rapidly growing internet retailer and need someone who wants to be part of a team-playing a vital role in our company's growth and success. If you work in this position, you will be part of SmartFurniture.com's voice to our national customer base. You will be part of a team whose goal is to provide each customer with the best experience anywhere--not just another transaction.
If the rewards inherent in being part of something that is bigger than yourself are not appealing to you, please do not apply. This position will not be just another job. We are looking for someone who is smart, hard working, and willing to really dive in and thrive in a rapidly changing and challenging environment. You may be able to make more money working somewhere else, but we offer a great work environment, lots of challenges and responsibility, and real potential to develop a career. It is very important to note that if you are just looking for a job that will be 9 to 5, this is not the job for you.
We are looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be. If this sounds like you, contact us. For more information about SmartFurniture.com's Customer Service, read this (click here).
Now, the formal stuff:
The primary responsibilities of our Customer Service Team Members include communicating with customers via telephone, email, instant messaging/live chat, and social media, and working with the Sales and Operations Teams to insure that the SmartFurniture.com Customer Service Team is providing the best customer service possible. Ideal candidates will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, have the ability learn quickly and contribute to our mission of becoming the leading Internet retailer in our industry.
Customer Service Team members report directly to the Operations Manager and will work closely with the Sales and Merchandising Teams to provide each customer with a great experience. Please note that this position will require working at least one weekend day.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Receive inbound calls from our customers.
- Adopt a customer-centric approach to improve the customer experience.
- Speak with a friendly and engaging tone of voice to develop rapport.
- Analyze and provide creative solutions to customers' problems.
- Assist customers with site navigation and order placement
- Learn the most efficient ways to navigate SmartFurniture.com in order to help customers in a timely manner
- Escalate calls as necessary
- Identify new solutions to existing problems
- Seek new responsibilities and areas to contribute to team performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two to four years relevant experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently yet contribute to team performance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and very organized.
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and teammates.
- Expertise in Excel, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with ERP systems.
- A passion for customer experience and service excellence.
- A sincere interest in helping people.
- Ability to think on feet (to conduct root-cause analysis and respond promptly to customer).
- Willingness to work at least one weekend day.
- Motivation to meet customer needs and solve customers' problems
- Strong work ethic
Smart Furniture Employees enjoy:
- Competitive base pay with potential for team commissions
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
- A unique and innovative work environment
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & Design Intern
Smart Furniture is a small company with big goals; we’re trying to change the way people shop by being the best place to buy furniture. Period. To do that, we need a kick-ass team of people who wake up every day ready to make a difference.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable being a jack-of-all-trades and learning on the fly, someone who wants to work hard and have fun while doing it. We’re not looking for the right skill-set out of the box; we’re looking for the right person. This internship will span a variety of marketing efforts from assisting with product development and product visualization to helping with our social media execution. We need someone who is willing to learn as they go and isn’t afraid to develop new skills.
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable meeting deadlines and working independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available to work minimum 20 hours per week
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with basic HTML & CSS
- Not afraid of spreadsheets
- Paid Internship
- Part-time, 20+ hours per week (depending on availability)
- Flexible hours
- Location: our downtown Chattanooga office