Working at Smart Furniture
We invite those who want to play a vital role in our company’s growth and success to join us at our home base in Chattanooga. Our team’s goal is to provide every customer with the best experience anywhere. The people who work here are smart, hard working, and eager to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
If you're looking for the usual 9-to-5, this is not the job for you. We're looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who will put in the extra time to finish the task at hand, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
Important: If you do not have a sense of humor, if you complain a lot, or if you feel like you are entitled to things, please do not apply.
However, if you love a challenge, laugh with people, strive for excellence, and make lemonade out of those pesky lemons, please do apply.
Current Openings at Smart Furniture:
Marketing & New Product Development Intern
SmartFurniture.com is seeking a Marketing and New Product Development Intern to assist with our product development process. A pioneer in web-based personalization, Smart Furniture’s New Product Development Internship offers applicants the opportunity to develop and grow fundamental marketing skills while working at the cutting edge of web based commerce. As members of our marketing department, New Product Development Interns are given the responsibility for developing key customer-facing content that is essential to company growth.
- Sophomore standing or above with 3.25 or higher GPA
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Willing and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform repeated tasks at a rapid pace
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Work with Smart Furniture Team to organize all necessary vendor data for processing
- Data entry for new products
- Provide support to marketing team (organization, projects, etc.)
- Other projects as assigned
- Work in a high growth, nationally renowned e-commerce company
- Work with diverse group of people who are smart, hard working, and eager to learn
- Ability to contribute directly to company growth and see tangible results of your effort
- Learn about the inner workings of a high growth internet company
- Once primary responsibilities are completed, we will teach as much as you are willing to learn
- Potential to translate to full time employment
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in subject
If this job isn't a fit for you, that shouldn't keep you from sending in your resume. You never know - we may be so impressed that we'll create an opening just for you.
Internet Sales Specialist
SmartFurniture.com is looking for a new Internet Sales Specialist. We are a rapidly growing internet retailer and need someone who is a go-getter and wants to be part of a team-playing a vital role in our company's growth and success. If you work in this position, you will be part of SmartFurniture.com's voice to our national customer base. You will be part of a team whose goal is to provide each customer with the best experience anywhere -- not just another transaction.
This position will not be just another job. We are looking for someone who is smart, hardworking, and willing to really dive in and thrive in a rapidly changing and challenging environment. You may be able to make more money working somewhere else, but we offer a great work environment, lots of challenges and responsibility, and real potential to develop a career.
It is very important to note that if you are just looking for a job that will be 9 to 5, this is not the job for you. We are looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
If this sounds like you, contact us. Now, the formal stuff:
The SmartFurniture.com Internet Sales Specialist will be responsible for generating sales from sales leads generated from SmartFurniture.com. If hired for this job, you will be assigned several leads everyday who have expressed an interest in products and services offered on our site. You will assist customers in making the best decision for them while providing the best customer service anywhere. You will need to enjoy people, talking to folks on the phone and communicating via email.
SmartFurniture.com does not hire sales people to hassle customers or push products on them. Instead, we hire sales people to answer questions and solve problems.
SmartFurniture.com Internet Sales Specialists are paid a base salary and receive individual commissions and team commissions. We provide health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, free parking, and an occasional beer, among a bunch of other stuff.
Required Success Factors:
- Excellent communication skills: Outstanding. Superb. Above par. Impressive. We need this level of professionalism and tact from you. Since our customers are remotely located (our Smart Furniture Studio handles local Chattanooga clients) your ability to connect with them via written emails, online live chat and phone calls is your ticket to success. You must be the best resource, friendliest voice, and confidence builder for every person you encounter. You will have multiple browsers open with Google docs and a fileshare full of information that is such a breadth of data it doesn't quite fit in your noggin. You are good at reading people, figuring out what is important to them, and then taking your knowledge and transforming it to meet the needs of the person you are interacting with. We need you.
- Team player mentality: Cutthroats need not apply. Sales at Smart Furniture requires meeting needs, being smart, holding hands, finding solutions, and working together for the greater good. Do unto others. All your co-workers, vendors, (potential) customers and even the folks that pick up the recycling weekly are part of our team. You value camaraderie and feeling part of a team that cheers you on. You want to make big sales to make everyone proud of your skills and contribution to the greater mission. A nice big paycheck is motivation as well.
- Flexible and diligent: Smart Furniture is open every day of the week. We close for holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving but have a team that covers phones and online chats from home during busy sales or if one of your fellow office mates falls ill. We don't have travel demands but require flexibility in your schedule and need someone that is willing to step up and get it done. If you are looking for a strict M-F 9-5 job with bells that tell you when to start and end work, keep looking. If you want a job where you can work Sunday through Thursday 2pm-11pm (for example) and have the flexibility to swap shifts with a coworker so you can go to a concert during the week in Nashville we are it. If you think playing a game of ping pong to break up your workday sounds pretty sweet, we want you.
- Technologically savvy: Technology is your friend. You don't need to type 120 wpm but you do need the will and confidence in your wits to learn new programs, work remotely through a VPN or instant message your coworker through a webcam. We really need an over-achiever to be a successful part of the sales team. An affinity for new technology and learning new processes is a must. You will learn to use programs like 3D rendering software, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and Google everything. You'll be ahead of the game if you know html and know how to clear your cache, love working on a computer and are good at it. If you are not good with technology and you still want to work with us, you should be good at laughing at yourself, because everyone here will enjoy making fun of you.
If you fit the bill, you are so excited after reading this that you can't wait to write your cover letter. Be a part of something bigger. Have the greatest job you thought only possible in fiction. Be the envy of your friends. Apply for this job. Email appropriate materials to email@example.com.
Important: If you do not have a sense of humor, complain a lot, or feel that you are entitled to things, please do not apply.
Note: we won't read your resume without a cover letter, if you want to show off, write a great cover letter. We get tired or reading the same form letter stuff from everybody.