by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
Inspired by the hallmarks of the mid-century movement, the Adelaide Sofa features structured side cushions and tapered wood legs with a lean silhouette. Gus Modern has designed this sofa to be big enough without overwhelming.
What's To Like:
- The Adelaide Sofa is sophisticated without pushing all the "fancy-pants" buttons. You'll be able to impress and your home will look well designed, but you'll avoid that stuffy feeling. "Urbane" is a good word for this sofa.
- The cushions are reversible and easy to switch around, so you'll be able to maintain even wear - especially if you always like to sit in the same spot.
- Adelaide is finished on all sides so it'll look stunning in the center of a room, and can help to define a sitting area.
What's Not to Like:
The price is steep, but for a sofa of this quality you're going to have to look long and hard for a better deal.
The Bottom Line:
The Adelaide Sofa will be the centerpiece of your living room and lend comfort and good looks for years to come. Big enough for your family, it's perfect for those who love good design.
- Overall dimensions: 31" h x 84" w x 36" d
- Seat depth: 23" d
- Seat height: 17.5" h
- Arm height: 27" h
- Refined mid-century modern look
- Frame and legs made from FSC-Certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Reversible seat and back cushions
- Cushions have piped finish, frame upholstery is cleanly finished
- Stress-tested joints
- Non-marking glides on the bottom of the legs
- Also see this sofa's larger sibling, the Adelaide Bisectional Sofa
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.