by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
With a classic two-over-two design, the Bloor Sofa has a familiar silhouette ... until you look at it from the side or back. From those angles, its exposed external steel frame makes a striking impression - and you just might end up placing this sofa away from a wall to take advantage of its modern good looks. The Bloor Sofa features feather blend cushions for comfort, and slender arms to maximize space.
What's To Like:
- The stainless steel base and external support give the sofa a mid-century modern vibe, which we like. However, the real win for us is the tilted-back angle of the sofa. It just looks like a great place to rest.
- Feather blend cushions make for a more comfortable sit than simple foam, as anyone who has sat on them will attest. How can you not like that?
- Bloor is traditionally modern without being predictable. That's an achievement in itself.
What's Not to Like:
- Price is, as always, a consideration. It's expensive, but if you love the look you'll find that it's less of a problem.
- Speaking of the look ... we think that it looks mature, modern, and fresh - all at the same time. You may find that it's too boring or plain. For button-tufting, look at the Jane Sofa as an example.
The Bottom Line:
The Bloor Sofa by Gus Modern is a sofa that has one foot in the mid-century era and one foot in the here and now. It won't distract from your other decor, and it'll leave space for your other furnishings.
- Overall: 32" h x 80" w x 35" d
- Seat height: 17.5"
- Seat depth: 22"
- Arm height: 25"
- Feather blend cushions for maximum comfort
- Brushed steel base and back support
- Hardwood interior frame is constructed with FSC certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Elastic webbing spring system
- Stress tested joints
- Plastic bumpers on all legs to prevent floor damage
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.