Catalina Tall Buffet
with Optional Hutch
by Copeland Furniture
Combining the warmth of solid wood with the beautiful forms of the modern furniture era, the Catalina Tall Buffet is simple and clean, with a slightly angled linear base. Designs of the mid-century modern period reflected a sense of hope and the promise of an ideal future. Now, comfort and nostalgia can be found in the Catalina buffet's retro-modern shape and sensibility.
This dining buffet consists of a cabinet with three configurations. Choose from 2 Door/4 Drawer configurations, or a balanced 4 Door/2 Drawer design. Top silverware drawers finish off each configuration. Beautifully crafted integrated wooden bar pulls run the length of its doors and drawers. Self-closing door hinges and drawer slides and an open interior with adjustable shelving make the buffet a pleasure to use.
The drawers feature asymmetrical English dovetail joinery and a fully finished and sanded interior with under-mounted, soft-close drawer slides. The silverware drawers keep your utensils sorted and protected with Guardian Anti-Tarnish lining and cloth.
This largest of the Catalina buffets is made from solid American black walnut hardwood with a Natural or Slate finish. Hand-crafted with impeccable quality and attention to detail, this buffet is bound to last through generations of use and enjoyment.
The optional Hutch features adjustable shelves for wine and glassware storage. Choose this option if your dining room is just begging for more storage - it turns the buffet from a beautiful cabinet into a featured piece of fine furniture.
Catalina Tall Buffet features:
- Overall size: 66.125" w x 18" d x 36" h
- Adjustable shelves aid in organization
- Self-closing hinges and drawer slides make operation silent and smooth
- Drawers are finished inside and out, and feature anti-tarnish cloth lining
- Optional Hutch features adjustable shelves for wine and glassware storage
- Crafted in solid black walnut wood
- Two satin surface finishes: standard lacquer top coat or formaldehyde-free water based top coat
- Made to Order - it's your furniture from start to finish
- Made in the United States
*Natural variations in solid wood and hand-applied finishes make each piece unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities tell you that the furniture has been crafted from solid wood, and are considered hallmarks of quality.
Materials & Measurements
Solid American Black Walnut wood
Without Hutch: 66.125" w x 18" d x 36" h
With Hutch: 66.125" w x 18" d x 52" h
- Using sustainably harvested hardwoods from the American Northern Forest
- Using only lumber from within 500 miles of their factory, using less fossil fuel in transportation
- Working with the SmartWood program of the Rainforest Alliance (wood solely from forests that are not threatened, not in significant need of conservation, and contain no GMO trees)
- Maintaining FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification
- Making water-based finishes available on most of their furniture, with the benefit of drastically reduced VOC emissions and less off-gassing at the customers' homes
- Creating durable, heirloom-quality furniture that will be able to be handed down through generations
- Reducing packaging material, and recycling all packaging waste
- Heating the factory completely with wood waste from manufacturing, in order to reduce consumption of imported oil
About The Manufacturer
Today Copeland Furniture manufactures a full line of bedroom, dining room and home office furniture. Designs range from transitional to highly contemporary. Diverse design influences include Arts and Crafts, Asian Design, Shaker Furniture, Scandinavian Design and the architecture and environment of Copeland's home state, Vermont.
Preservation and stewardship are values that run deep in Vermont. They run deep at Copeland Furniture too. Their commitment to sustainability is reflected in the furniture they design and manufacture. They know that our environment is, in many ways, very fragile, and that we are the beneficiaries of the strong stewardship ethic practiced and passed down by those who went before us. It is Copeland Furniture's hope that the next generation appreciates their stewardship and is inspired to continue the tradition.
Shipping & Delivery
All Copeland products include free inside delivery within the contiguous United States!
Made to order, usually ships in 8-10 weeks from the time the order is placed
Once your order ships from the factory in Vermont, you can expect to receive it within 10-14 days later. We use a team of professional movers who handle every package by hand. This process takes a little longer but ensures that your order will arrive to you damage free.
For additional information, please see our shipping and delivery policies page.
What is covered:
Any manufacturers defect that occurs during the entire time of the initial purchaser's use - even if the product has been discontinued.
What is not covered:
Damage that occurs because of use or mis-use and is not a result of a manufacturer's defect.
If it's defective, Copeland will fix it.