by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
A classic wingback chair with a haircut; a modern reinterpretation of your grandmother's favorite chair; the freshest take on an old design that you've seen in a long time. However you want to describe the Danforth Chair, we'll agree with you - as long as you like it, because we sure do. The Danforth Chair features a foam seat cushion for comfort, slender cutaway arms to maximize space, and a sharp-looking continuous steel base.
What's To Like:
- We don't know which style cue we like better: the cutaway arms (stellar idea) or the continuous tubular steel base (brilliant). Together, they give this modern chair the curb appeal of a million-dollar home.
- We live in smaller spaces than we used to (except for those of us who live in bigger spaces, of course). But for modern small-space dwellers and folks who just want to open up their square footage alike, this chair's narrow arms and small footprint hold great attraction.
- Danforth is traditionally modern without being predictable. That's an achievement in itself.
What's Not to Like:
- Price is, as always, a consideration. It's expensive, but if you love the look you'll find that it's less of a problem.
- Speaking of the look ... we think that it looks mature, modern, and fresh - all at the same time. You may find that it's not what you're looking for.
The Bottom Line:
The Danforth Chair by Gus Modern is a semi-formal chair that has one foot in 1915 and one foot in the here and now. It won't distract from your other decor, and it'll leave space for your other furnishings.
- Overall: 39.5" h x 28.5" w x 34" d
- Seat height: 18"
- Arm height: 23"
- Foam upholstery
- Continuous tubular stainless steel base
- Hardwood interior frame is constructed with FSC certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- 9 gauge no-sag sinuous spring system
- Springs are held in place with injection molded spring clip system
- Stress tested joints
- Non-marking plastic leveler feet
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.