by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
One of Gus' classic models, the Delano Chair features an architectural silhouette. This modern lounge chair's combination of blind-tufted leather seat and back cushions atop a square, stainless steel frame is hard to miss in any setting. The lack of a supporting column underneath the seat gives the appearance that the chair is floating.
What's To Like:
- Bold? Willing to take a chance? Then this is your chair. We love its square/angled design and "floating" seat.
- This chair is from the same vein that the Wassily Chair and MR Side Chair come from. Classic is as classic does, and the Delano Chair does classic.
- Steel frame will stand up to all the abuse you'll be (unintentionally) subjecting this chair to.
What's Not to Like:
For some, the metal frame's squared-off lines may be a stylistic miss. For others, that same mixture may be a hit. You know what they say about the eye of the beholder.
The Bottom Line:
The Delano Chair is a breath of fresh air in a sometimes stale design environment. Minimalist, simple, quality materials, comfortable ... Gus Modern has designed a great modern lounge chair.
- Overall dimensions: 25" h x 28" w x 30" d
- Stainless steel base and arms brushed to a polished finish
- Blind-tufted leather or fabric seat and back cushions
- Contains FSC-Certified, environmentally friendly wood components
- Plastic bumpers are on all four corners to prevent floor damage
- Available in cowhide as a made-to-order option
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.