Eames Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Rocking Chair
from Herman Miller
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance: The Eames Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Rocker is a bigger, more comfortable version of the landmark Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Side Chair. While you've often seen the side chair in school rooms and auditoriums, the rocker is a bit more substantial and supportive - not to mention that it rocks. Using a new process for creating fiberglass without the harmful glues of the past, Herman Miller has returned the Shell Chairs to their heritage. The Eames' would be pleased.
What's To Like:
- Fiberglass is back, and we're glad. Its unique texture and surface striations make the Shell Chairs one of Herman Miller's all-time hits. It's about time they figured out an environmentally responsible way to manufacture them!
- Classic design. The Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Rocking Chair is recognizable anytime, anyplace - for good reason.
- The Shell Chairs - all of them - were among the first to have comfort as a priority during the design process. Waterfall seat edges and a curvy seat pocket give this chair an easygoing sit.
What's Not to Like:
- There is practically no give in the molded fiberglass, so attempting to use this chair as a recliner wouldn't be a good idea.
The Bottom Line:
Original design, original comfort, original character. The Eames Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Armchair's got them in spades. With all the new colors in Herman Miller's Palette, you'll have a great time choosing what vibe you want your armchair to create.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to mass produce this classic design. These molded fiberglass armchairs are true to the originals and are fully authentic, with updated materials to meet environmental requirements. Their enduring forms and quality construction make them comfortable, durable performers.
31.75" h x 25" w x 23.5" d
See the entire Eames Shell Chair Collection.
- Organic shapes. A clean, simple form sculpted to fit the body; first presented at the Museum of Modern Art in 1948.
- Popular today. The chairs have achieved a pervasive presence that proves the staying power of good design.
- Friendly to the earth. The Eames Upholstered Rocker's shell is made with a new process that produces monomer-free "dry-bind" fiberglass.
- Should you ever need to recycle your rocker, it is eligible for Herman Miller's "Take Back" Program - an environmentally sound recycling option.
- Integral color. The fiberglass shell of the RFAR Rocking Armchair is dyed throughout so colors remain vibrant even after years of hard use.
- Cushioned contact. For extended comfort, the shell is connected to the base by rubber shock mounts.
- Upholstered comfort. You're sitting in style for the long haul - bring on those multiple course meals.
The Herman Miller Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Rocker is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: RFAR.U.
MATERIALS & MEASUREMENTS
Molded fiberglass frame with fabric upholstery, metal supports and wooden rockers
Overall: 27.5" h x 25" w x 24.5" d
Seat height: 16.25"
- This chair's shell is made with a new process that produces monomer-free "dry-bind" fiberglass.
- Made of 9% Recycled Content
- Chair is 87% Recyclable
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
ABOUT THE MANUFACTURER
Herman Miller is an industry leader in the integration of cutting edge technology to furniture and other household items to make everyday life more comfortable, convenient, and stylish. Herman Miller stands out at the forefront of such fields as ergonomic technologies, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, and customizable furniture items.
In addition to producing some of the most outstanding office furniture in the world, Herman Miller has also taken on the responsibility of manufacturing some of the most celebrated furniture designs by some of the world's most famous designs. These "modern classics" include works by Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. Herman Miller celebrates these famous mid-century designers' works through its extraordinarily precise manufacturing techniques and industry-leading green production processes.
Herman Miller is a global company with operations, sales offices, dealers, and licensees in more than 40 countries in North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, serving customers virtually anywhere in the world. Herman Miller is headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, while manufacturing facilities are located in the U.S., China, Italy, and the United Kingdom.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Standard Shipping Service:
Free Front Door Delivery: $0.00
Orders for 1-3 chairs will typically ship with UPS Ground. Orders for 4 chairs and up will ship with our freight service. Both options are available to you at no cost!
Inside Delivery: $19.00 per chair
Inside Delivery is a cost effective way to have large, heavy items delivered inside your home or office when you just do not want to be bothered by moving and lifting. When your order reaches the local station in your area, you will be contacted to schedule a delivery appointment (with a 4-5 hour window).
*Note: Shipping fees are per item and apply to orders shipped within the Contiguous United States
Several colors in stock! Call us at 888-467-6278 to check availability
Type: 1 box
Box dimensions: 25" x 24" x 32"
Packaged weight: 17 lbs
Assembly required: None
For additional information, please see our shipping and delivery policies page.
The Eames Upholstered Molded Fiberglass Rocker comes with a 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
Do you have specific questions about what's covered under Herman Miller's warranty for this product? Give our sales team a call at 888-467-6278 to get your questions answered.
Did you purchase a piece of Herman Miller furniture that's not working as expected? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our customer service department at 888-762-7841, and we'll take care of you. We usually ask for a photo or video of the warranty issue that you're experiencing, so if you want to expedite the warranty claim process, you can e-mail us with those attachments, and we'll jump on filing the claim for you right away