by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
One frequent characteristic of modern seating design is a silhouette that you can "see through". The GT Rocker certainly qualifies in regards to this characteristic, only it happens to be a rocking chair. Constructed from FSC-certified environmentally friendly wood and powder-coated steel, this lounge offers the sitter the option of enjoying a gentle rocking motion while relaxing.
What's To Like:
- The Gus GT Rocker is a perfect combination of lounge chair and rocking chair. Bring on those lazy days.
- Less is more, sometimes. Basically made up of simply metal and upholstery, this rocking lounge leaves room for the rest of your life to take place around it.
- The fit and finish of the rocker's upholstery is a major plus.
What's Not to Like:
Upside: it's got a metal base. Downside: the base is metal. Do you like the style? We do, but it's a possible sticking point with some.
The Bottom Line:
Small enough to fit in a living room corner - yet plush enough to help you take the load off after a hard day - the GT Rocker represents the best in lounge seating from Gus Modern.
- Dimensions: 32" h x 27" w x 39" d
- Look was inspired by 1970's car interiors and airport lounge seating
- Black powder-coated frame
- Footprint is relatively narrow for a lounge chair so it doesn't require as much space as larger lounge chairs
- 3-stage fixed panels
- Unique rocking mechanism
- Cushions are fastened to the frame
- Felt padding on the bottom of the steel frame prevents floor damage
Materials & Measurements Materials:
Frame is 3/4 inch square Black Powder Coated solid Steel RodBottom of rocker steel frame has felt padding to prevent floor damageSeat and back frame are made from Engineered FSC certified woodSeat and back cushions are medium density polyurethane foam covered in a Dacron wrapFabric upholstery is Cal 117 certified and double rub tested
See our Gus Modern upholstery guide to learn more.
Overall: 32" h x 27" w x 39" d
Seat height: 16"
Environmental InformationThe GT Rocker item contains FSC-Certified Wood harvested from a sustainably harvested forest.
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.