Jack Work Stool
At A Glance: This is a stool version of the workhorse Jack Chair. It's not sexy, but it's inexpensive and durable.
What's To Like: The cost. The Jack Stool is a great value from Steelcase - the largest office furniture manufacturer in the world. Depending on the arm options you select, ranges from $169-$249. This work stool comes in a variety of upholstery colors in Buzz 2 or Cogent Connect Fabric, and depending on the option you select, ranges from $299-$389.
What's Not to Like: As the Jack Stool is more on the value-side of Steelcase' collection, it doesn't come with the bells and whistles that some of the higher end models have. Also, to adjust the width of the arms, you have to loosen the screws under arms first; there's no button or lever.
- Contoured seat and back for all-day comfort and support
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment and swivel mechanism
- Stable 5-arm base
- Optional fully-adjustable arms
- Some easy assembly required
- Overall height: 46.88" h - 51.63"
- Seat height: 21.75" h x 31.5"
- Foot ring height: 7.75" - 13.25"
- Foot ring diameter: 20"
- Seat width: 18.5"
- Quick, easy assembly required
The Bottom Line: This is a solid, durable, cost-efficient work stool for any office environment. Nothing too fancy, but it gets the job done.