Jarvis Bisectional Sofa
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
Minimal with a block-like form, the Jarvis sofa is a reconfigurable sectional that is an element in its own right. Well-made enough so that you notice it, but refined enough so that it's not intrusive, Jarvis features tight, top-stitched upholstery for a clean aesthetic, and a recessed solid wood platform base with a walnut finish.
What's To Like:
- This masculine sectional has seams, but you'll have to look hard to find them. Tight upholstery means a clean look and a more peaceful space.
- The platform base creates a floating illusion - and it's all the more impressive because of the massive shape of the rest of the sofa.
- Reconfigurable sectional sofa? Put us on the waiting list. We love changing the look of our space, and there's no better way to accomplish that than by starting out with furniture you can move around.
What's Not to Like:
- Price is, as always, a consideration. It's expensive, but if you love the look you'll find that it's less of a problem.
- Speaking of the look ... we think that it looks masculine, solid, and minimalist. You may find that it's too blocky or dull-looking. For button-tufting, look at the Jane Bisectional as an example.
The Bottom Line:
Jarvis is a sectional sofa that looks like it was conceived as sculpture. It won't distract from your other decor, and it'll leave a strong impression of solidity and "presence without insistence."
This modern sectional sofa can be reconfigured in a right or left facing version to fit your space and provide plenty of comfort in your living room or media room.
- Overall: 31" h x 96" w x 72" d
- Reconfigurable either left or right
- Walnut finished wood base
- Hardwood frame that is constructed with FSC certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Stress tested joints
- Plastic bumpers on all legs to prevent floor damage
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.