Leap Chair Plus
designed by Steelcase Design Studio in conjunction with IDEO
At A Glance:
This is the plus size version of Steelcase's award-winning Leap Chair. Able to support up to 500 pounds, the Leap Chair Plus is perfect for everybody in the plus size category.
The Leap Chair Plus is all about making movement comfortable - and even essential. When your spine moves the back of the chair moves with it. When you want to change the position of your arms or legs or re-adjust your position in the seat, those corresponding parts move too. You can't get away from it, but you won't want to either.
What's To Like:
- This is a great chair for a fidgeter, someone that can't help but feel restless in a standard office chair. The Leap Chair Plus not only makes those people (by which we mean practically everyone) comfortable, it encourages them to move.
- The arms move and adjust; the seat moves and adjusts; everything moves and adjusts. This chair represents a real and exciting leap forward in ergonomic and human-centered chair design.
- Most importantly, this task chair is designed to support up to 500 pounds.
What's Not to Like:
The starting price on this chair is over $1200, which is pretty steep. You can get a lot of great office chairs with some of the same features for a lot less dough. But that doesn't mean you should - this is a plus size chair, after all, and that's what you're in the market for. This is a great chair, and the price tag shows that Steelcase knows it.
The Bottom Line:
If the Leap Chair Plus were a pop song, it would be Outkast's "The Way You Move." The price tag isn't pretty, but the chair is, and the ergonomics of the back and seat are hard to beat. This is high quality for low dollar.
Leap Chair Plus Features:
- Dimensions: 38.75"-42.5" h x 31.75" w x 20.5" d
- Supports up to 500 pounds
- Do-it-all arms are width and height-adjustable arms with pivoting armpads
- Flexible seat edges relieve thigh pressure
- Adjustable lumbar back firmness
- Variable back stop halts your recline wherever you desire
- Adjustable seat depth
- Casters available for soft or hard floors
- Available in durable Buzz 2 fabric, breathable Cogent Connect fabric, or plush leather
- 4" pneumatic seat-height adjustment
Materials & MeasurementsMaterials: plastic frame and base, fabric or leather seat, soft or hard plastic casters
Overall: 38.75"-42.5" h x 31.75" w x 20.5" d
Seat width: 22.75"
Arm height: 22"-30"
Seat height: 15.5"-19.5"
About the ManufacturerWhatever you need to accomplish in your home office, Steelcase can provide you with the tools to do it better, faster and more effectively. That's because they're passionate about unlocking the potential of people at work. It's the fundamental principle on which the company was founded in 1912, and it's being brought to your home office today. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Steelcase is an international company with approximately 13,000 employees worldwide, manufacturing facilities in over 28 locations and more than 800 dealer locations around the world.