designed by Steelcase Design Studio in conjunction with IDEO
At A Glance:
Combining the exceptional comfort found on the Leap chair with rich materials and elegant design, the WorkLounge is the ideal seating option for when you want to think, concentrate, work or relax. Match it with the multi-purpose ottoman* that moonlights as a work table and you've got yourself an extremely comfortable place to lounge and work, all at the same time.
What's To Like:
Standard features include your choice of high-quality Elmo Soft Leather, polished aluminum base and back frame, 5-point glides, height-adjustable seat, extra cushioned headrest with flip-up pillow, and generously upholstered arms for added comfort. That's a whole lot of comfort all in one place.
What's Not to Like:
The starting price on this chair is almost $3000, which is pretty steep. You can get a lot of great lounge chairs with some of the same features for a lot less dough. But will they have all the adjustable features of the WorkLounge? It's your call - Steelcase obviously knows this chair's worth a good bit of money.
The Bottom Line:
If the Leap WorkLounge were a pop song, it would be Outkast's "The Way You Move." The price tag isn't pretty, but the chair is, and the ergonomics of the back and seat are hard to beat. This is high quality in an office chair.
Options include the multi-use ottoman* and hard floor or carpet casters for additional mobility.
Leap WorkLounge Features:
- Dimensions with glides: 42.5"-45.5" h x 31" w x 25.5" d
- Dimensions with casters: 44.5"-47.5" h x 31" w x 25.5 d
- Seat height adjusts 3" with a convenient pneumatic adjustment mechanism
- Live Back separate upper and lower back controls allow the chair back to mimic and support your every move
- Natural Glide System allows the seat to move as you move, encouraging natural and comfortable movement
- Extra cushioned headrest lets you lean back and rest your head on the large, supportive headrest with flip-up pillow
- Seat is extra cushioned and height adjustable
- *Optional ottoman is cushioned to match the WorkLounge and quickly converts into a functional work table.
- Includes lumbar pillow for extra comfort and support to lumbar region
The Steelcase Leap WorkLounge is also known by the following manufacturer item number: 464LOUNGE.
MATERIALS & MEASUREMENTSMaterials:
The Leap Work Lounge is available in Wool Suede or Elmo Soft Leather upholstery. Wool Suede is non-abrasive, soft blend of 85 percent wool and 15 percent nylon. Chair frame and cylinder are made of powder-coated steel, polished aluminum, and polypropylene
Overall with glides: 42.5" to 45.5" h x 31" w x 25.5" d
Overall with casters: 44.5" to 47.5" h x 31" w x 25.5" d
Seat with glides: 16" to 19" h x 20" w x 20.5" d
Seat with casters: 18" to 21" h x 20" w x 20.5" d
Back height: 28.5"
Arm distance: 18" w
Arm height from seat: 7.25"
Ottoman: 15" h (as footrest/seat) or 25.25" h (as table) x 18.5" w x 19" d
Care and Maintenance:
Plastic and painted parts: clean often using household cleaner (Fantastik or 409) and wiping with a soft, dry cloth.
Leather: dust occasionally with a clean, dry cloth.
ABOUT THE MANUFACTURER
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
The Leap Work Lounge Chair comes with free standard shipping for destinations within the contiguous United States, generally shipping 10-12 days after the date of purchase.
View Smart Furniture's shipping rates, options, and delivery policies.
WARRANTYFrame and structural components come with a lifetime warranty. Glides and pneumatic cylinder comes with a 10 year warranty. Fabric comes with a 5 year warranty.
See our Steelcase warranty section for more information.