Nine-O Swivel Armchair by Emeco
designed by Ettore Sottsass
Ettore sought to create a contemporary version of the Navy Chair that would exhibit both durability and functionality and eventually lead to a long and prosperous stay on the market. This model features a swivel/tilt base with tension and pneumatic height adjustment, as well as beautifully shaped arms that add to the design.
- Made with 80% recycled aluminum content
- Dimensions: 29.5-32.5" h x 22" w x 23" d
- Available in brushed or polished aluminum frame, with integrally colored, soft polyurethane seat and back, in green, blue, orange, red, or gray.
- Also available with 3-bar back, open back, or soft back.
- Estimated lifespan of 150 years or more
The first architect to use the Emeco chairs out of their industrial context for homes and shops, Ettore Sottsass was asked to design an update - soft seat, wider and stacking. Before he died at the age of 90 (Nine-O), Sottsass was able to see the final prototype of his chair.
Emeco uses 80 percent recycled aluminum to make its chairs, and the aluminum content in Emeco chairs are 100 percent recyclable. During the production process, aluminum emits no VOCs or aldehydes in any measurable concentration.
In addition to using environmentally friendly materials in the production process, Emeco uses 100 percent recyclable shipping and packing materials (they even use paper tape).