1966 Collection Lounge Chair
designed by Richard Schultz
At A Glance:
Richard Schultz designed the 1966 Lounge Chair at Florence Knoll's request. She was looking for outdoor furniture that would withstand the corrosive salt air at her Florida home. Typically, Schultz's resultant 1966 collection became what is now considered a garden classic, with clean good looks and exceptional durability. Oh, and let's not forget the comfort factor.
What's To Like:
- It's a part of MoMA's permanent collection. Need we say more?
- This outdoor lounge will withstand decades of the worst that Mother Nature can throw at it.
- Outdoor furniture, it's true - but it's got good manners indoors as well.
- You've got a wide range of colors to choose from, and your patio will look just the way you want it to.
- The 1966 Collection has won multiple design awards.
What's Not to Like:
We really can't pick on anything besides price, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is an expensive - and extraordinarily durable - outdoor lounge chair, no doubt.
The Bottom Line:
Give the 1966 Lounge Chair a home in your back yard. It's ready to go for the next ... say, 20 years or so.
- Overall dimensions: 26" h x 26" w x 28.25" d
- Seat height: 14"
- Arm height: 20.5"
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Frame is made from cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish is a weather resistant polyester powder-coat
- Upholstery is woven vinyl-coated polyester mesh
- Straps are solid pure vinyl with no fillers, with Teflon sewing thread
- Clear butyrate plastic glides protect your flooring if you bring the lounge indoors
A cover may be purchased separately if you wish to further protect your chair from the elements. Give us a call at 888-467-6278 and we'll hook you up!
Materials & Measurements
- Frame: cast and extruded aluminum
- Finish: weather resistant polyester powder coat
- Glides: clear plastic
- Upholstery: woven vinyl coated polyester mesh
- Straps: solid pure vinyl
- Supports and connectors: stainless steel
26" w x 26" h x 28.25" d
Seat height: 14"
Your FurnitureGenius Recommendations
In 1951, after studying mechanical engineering and design at Iowa State University and the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, Richard Schultz joined Knoll. Of all the projects he could have possibly worked on, his very first was to assist Harry Bertoia with the Bertoia Wire Collection - even spending 18 months in Europe in order to get production of that collection underway. Schultz is best known for his graceful Petal Collection of tables. In addition, one of his most enduring designs is the 1966 Collection of outdoor furniture that he developed at Florence Knoll's request; she needed patio furniture that wouldn't rust in the seaside climate of her home, and Schultz delivered.
After leaving Knoll in 1972 to freelance he opened his own studio where he has always worked independently, defining his own projects and selling them to manufacturers for production. The Richard Schultz studio was recently re-acquired by Knoll, making it possible for the re-issue of his classic pieces by the company with which he began his illustrious career.
About The Manufacturer
Your Recently Viewed Products
Shipping & Delivery
Items under $1,200.00
This item comes with a $75 shipping fee for residential destinations within the contiguous United States. If you are shipping to a business with a delivery dock, please contact us at 888-467-6278 and we will happily remove your shipping fee.
This item comes with a shipping charge of 6.5 percent of the merchandise value for residential destinations within the contiguous United States. If you are shipping to a business with a delivery dock, please contact us at 888-467-6278 and we will happily remove your shipping charges.
Items over $9,200.00
This item comes with a $600 shipping fee for residential destinations within the contiguous United States. If you are shipping to a business with a delivery dock, please contact us at 888-467-6278 and we will happily remove these shipping charges.
arrive within 6-8 weeks from date of order.
For additional information, please see our shipping and delivery policies page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see our return policy.
Structural components are warranted for 5 years.
Click here to see our return policy.