Richmond Lounge Chair
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
Gus Modern is known for their mid-century modern inspired designs, and the Richmond Lounge chair represents a bit of a departure from that style. This is a chair for those who like comfort - not just comfort in the seat but also a comfortable-looking lounge chair. Wood block feet give the chair a stable base and a solid appearance, and French seams finish the chair's upholstery nicely.
What's To Like:
- The Richmond Lounge Chair is a perfect distillation of the "overstuffed" furniture style. Not hyperbolic in any sense, this lounge is easy on the eyes and on the posterior.
- French seams do more than hold the upholstery together; they're also a sign of great attention to detail. This chair is well made.
- Narrow armrests shrink this lounge's footprint, giving you more space to move around it.
What's Not to Like:
This lounge chair's price tag reflects its quality, but it may be high for some.
The Bottom Line:
The Richmond Lounge Chair offers Gus Modern fans a more traditional approach to lounge seating. A thick, down-filled seat cushion with narrow armrests makes this chair an excellent lounging option.
- Dimensions: 34" h x 36" w x 35" d
- Waterfowl down-filled reversible cushions
- Wood block feet from a sustainably harvested forest
- Stress-tested joints
- French seam detail
- Plastic bumpers on all legs to prevent floor damage
- Coordinate with the matching Richmond Sofa or the Richmond Bisectional Sofa.
Materials & Measurements Materials:
FSC certified Engineered wood base is Solid Ash and available in Wenge stains9 gauge No-Sag, sinuous spring systemSprings are held in place with injection molded spring clip systemPlastic bumpers on all legs help prevent floor damage"Envelope" seat and back cushions feature a medium density foam core with feather and down wrapped in down proof tickingFrame and Cushions have a French Seam DetailSelect fabric choices ace 20-30 Linen ContentAll fabric is Cal 117 certified and double rub tested
See our Gus Modern upholstery guide to learn more.
Overall: 34" h x 36" w x 35" d
Arm height: 26"
Seat height: 17"
Environmental InformationThe Richmond Lounge Chair contains FSC-Certified Wood harvested from a sustainably harvested forest.
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.