by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
A modern interpretation of the classic elementary school chair, featuring a bent-ply seat and back which are fastened to the frame with rubber gaskets that provide durability and an industrial aesthetic. Black legs with your choice of Walnut or Oak veneer.
What's To Like:
- The School Chair fits in well with the modern industrial or minimalist aesthetic. Concrete floors, exposed metal beams, huge glass windows ... and black powder coated legs.
- The contours to which the School Chair's back and seat are bent lend seated comfort, in addition to the back's slight angle.
What's Not to Like:
Aesthetically speaking, you'll find a lot to like - and a lot to dislike, depending on your stylistic preference. We'll stick with the "like" and let you come up with the "dislike" since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Is that a cop-out? We sure hope not.
The Bottom Line:
The School Chair by Gus Modern carries the mantle for the mid-century modern originators of bent plywood dining seating. Also see the School Counterstool.
Coordinates well with the Gus* School Dining Table or the Plank Dining Table.
- Dimensions: 31" h x 17" w x 20" d
- Mid-Century inspired design
- Unique vintage modern style
- Solid metal rod frame with black powder coated finish
- Seat and back are made from molded plywood
- Legs are capped to prevent floor damage
- Available in Oak or Walnut veneer
Care and Maintenance:
The School Chair has a bent ply seat and back which may be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaning products.