Coffee Table SM 201
At A Glance:
Skovby, the creator of incredibly easy-to-use extending tables, has taken some of their trapdoor genius and infused an innocent-looking coffee table with it. The SM 201 coffee table incorporates two slide-out compartments. One of them, the drawer compartment, comes complete with six plastic drink coasters. The other is a heat-resistant plate, ready to hold your teapot with no danger to your coffee table's surface.
What's To Like:
- Design incorporates both soft and hard aspects, with a rectangular tabletop and rounded legs
- We know of no other table that incorporates a slide-out trivet like the SM 201 does - it's a great touch
- Even while including slide-out drawer and trivet, the table is svelte, with a spacious shelf below the tabletop and very little sign of interior storage
What's Not to Like:
- If all you're looking for is a simple coffee table, you can probably find another one for less than a grand
- Real wood has real advantages - and real vulnerabilities; don't leave kids with staining foods near this table
The Bottom Line:
Vulnerability aside, this coffee table is a great choice for a more open-looking living room that still features a modicum of hidden storage. The SM 201 pairs wonderfully with living room furniture from most any Danish manufacturer.
- 52.4" w x 30" d x 18.1" h
- Rounded edges and oval legs
- Shelf beneath top for convenient storage space
- Drawer for remote controls or coasters
- Comes with 6 coasters
- Hidden, heat resistant pull-out plate
The Skovby Coffee Table SM 201 is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: SM201.
About the ManufacturerAs a family owned company in Denmark, Skovby has a proud history spanning three generations. From a small workshop in 1933 to its position today as a worldwide supplier, Skovby has maintained the same standard of design plus functionality. From the drying of the raw timber and careful selection of veneers to the finished product, no compromise is made. The skills employed in the use of the natural timbers and the variations therein ensure the individuality of each finished piece.