Dining Table SM 78
At A Glance:
Inspired by Skovby's first shot at an 8-legged table, the SM 78 is a newer, more refined version. Elliptical and with half-oval legs (that come together to create full ovals), this dining table seats 6 and extends to seat 16 if the optional extra leaves are chosen.
What's To Like:
- Synchronous pull-out system makes it easy to open the table; both sides move at once
- Two included leaves are stored under the tabletop, so you don't have to find another storage space for them
- Extends from 6 to 10 seats (16 with extra pair of leaves) - it's got incredible size range
- Half-oval legs provide excellent stability without taking up too much space
What's Not to Like:
- It's expensive, y'all - but remember that you're getting a great big table in small package
- Real wood has real advantages - and real vulnerabilities; don't leave kids with staining foods near this table unless it's protected
The Bottom Line:
The SM 78 extending dining table is a great choice for any home that intends to entertain and have small meals alike. It's easy to extend, easy to pack up, and easy on the eyes. That's called a trifecta.
- Elliptical shaped top with half-elliptical shaped legs
- Legs have sloping angle creating small gap at top to allow for changes in air humidity
- Comes with 2 extension leaves that store in a compartment underneath the table top
- Can seat up to 16 people when fully extended with optional (2) additional leaves (so thats 4 total leaves, folks)
- The 2 extra leaves will NOT store inside the table, you will need to find a safe place to store them when not in use
The Skovby Dining Table SM 78 is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: SM78 and #78.
Materials & Measurements
Your choice of wood with veneer or solid wood
75"-114.2" w x 43" d x 29" h
Table with no leaves used 43" x 75"
1 leaf 43" x 94.6"
2 leaves 43" x 114.2"
Should you opt to purchase the 2 extra leaves
3 leaves 43" x 133.8"
4 leaves 43" 153.5"
About The Manufacturer
Shipping & Delivery
Because this item is large and heavy and because we love our customers, we have decided to upgrade shipping from curbside to inside delivery at no extra cost to you. When your order reaches the local station in your area, the delivery agent will call to schedule a four hour delivery appointment. The driver will carefully bring the item inside the first room of your home or office so that you do not have to, and will climb up to a maximum of two flights of stairs. Assembly is not included but is a service that we can offer upon request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a 5-year limited warranty on extension mechanisms, patented extension systems, and fittings.
Skovby's warranty covers products that were manufactured after January 1, 2007. Minor variations will occur between floor samples, swatches, printed illustrations, and items ordered. Skovby's warranty does not cover a product sold "as is" or purchased from any source other than an authorized Skovby retailer. Any product modification will void this warranty. Any product that is exposed to extreme temperatures, humidity, or misuse will not be covered under the warranty. Transportation costs in connection with product repair of defects will not be covered by the warranty.