Dining Table SM 78
At A Glance:
Inspired by Skovby's first shot at an 8-legged table, the SM 78 is a newer, more refined version. Elliptical and with half-oval legs (that come together to create full ovals), this dining table seats 6 and extends to seat 16 if the optional extra leaves are chosen.
What's To Like:
- Synchronous pull-out system makes it easy to open the table; both sides move at once
- Two included leaves are stored under the tabletop, so you don't have to find another storage space for them
- Extends from 6 to 10 seats (16 with extra pair of leaves) - it's got incredible size range
- Half-oval legs provide excellent stability without taking up too much space
What's Not to Like:
- It's expensive, y'all - but remember that you're getting a great big table in small package
- Real wood has real advantages - and real vulnerabilities; don't leave kids with staining foods near this table unless it's protected
The Bottom Line:
The SM 78 extending dining table is a great choice for any home that intends to entertain and have small meals alike. It's easy to extend, easy to pack up, and easy on the eyes. That's called a trifecta.
- Elliptical shaped top with half-elliptical shaped legs
- Legs have sloping angle creating small gap at top to allow for changes in air humidity
- Comes with 2 extension leaves that store in a compartment underneath the table top
- Can seat up to 16 people when fully extended with optional (2) additional leaves (so thats 4 total leaves, folks)
- The 2 extra leaves will NOT store inside the table, you will need to find a safe place to store them when not in use
The Skovby Dining Table SM 78 is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: SM78 and #78.
About the ManufacturerAs a family owned company in Denmark, Skovby has a proud history spanning three generations. From a small workshop in 1933 to its position today as a worldwide supplier, Skovby has maintained the same standard of design plus functionality. From the drying of the raw timber and careful selection of veneers to the finished product, no compromise is made. The skills employed in the use of the natural timbers and the variations therein ensure the individuality of each finished piece.