designed by Nitzan Cohen
At A Glance:
Designer Nitzan Cohen wanted to create a chair that was "a bit hard but very round, very simple but also intricate, practical and pragmatic but offering quite much." Solo, produced by the gifted craftsmen at Mattiazzi, is a testament to the hold that simplicity has on the human spirit. Half-moon armrests merge into a rounded back rest, mirroring the curve of the Solo Chair's circular seat. This is an elegant chair that doesn't have any pretensions. Avaliable in six frame finishes, with or without a leather upholstered seat/back.
What's To Like:
- This is a chair that a Hobbit could sit on - and not because it's small. No, because it's simple, clean, and well-made.
- At the same time, the Solo Chair wouldn't look out of place in the finest homes, because of its superb balance and cohesive design ethic.
- Everything in its place: the back mirrors the seat mirrors the legs, all in perfect proportion to each other.
What's Not to Like:
You could pay less for a dining chair. Honestly, you could. But this one's worth the price.
The Bottom Line:
The Solo Chair from Mattiazzi is beautiful, elegantly proportioned, and excellently made. This side chair can be an heirloom-quality feature of any modern home.
- Overall: 29.25" h x 21.75" w x 19.25" d
- Seat height: 19" h
- Solid natural ash or oak construction, with painted ash options
- Durable plastic glides on legs protect your flooring
- Hand-fitted joints ensure proper alignment and solid construction
- Upholstered seat option features a number of leather choices
- Stackable up to 3 chairs high
The Mattiazzi Solo Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: MGZ00.N, MGZ00.U, MGZ00.S.
About the ManufacturerMattiazzi is an Italian design firm that is known for its emphasis on woodworking and craftsmanship. Its products often find themselves on the cutting edge of design while utilizing the most advanced technology and traditional materials. A family owned company, Mattiazzi has developed a "healthy obsession" with woodworking. Founded in 1978 and continuing to rely solely on the resources that are locally available to them, Mattiazzi uses local manufacturers to create furniture that looks and feels world-class.