designed by Nitzan Cohen
At A Glance:
Designer Nitzan Cohen's intense attention to detail and Mattiazzi's masterful woodworking have conspired to create a beautiful dining stool. Solo is a testament to the hold that simplicity has on the human spirit. A contrasting-color sculpted footrest floats at a comfortable height, mirroring the curve of the Solo Stool's circular seat. This is an elegant stool that doesn't have any pretensions. Avaliable in seven frame finishes, with or without a leather upholstered seat, and in two heights.
What's To Like:
- This is a stool that a Hobbit could sit on - and not because it's small. No, because it's simple, clean, and well-made.
- At the same time, the Solo Stool wouldn't look out of place in the finest homes, because of its superb balance and cohesive design ethic.
- Everything in its place: the seat mirrors the footrest mirrors the legs, all in perfect proportion to each other.
What's Not to Like:
You could pay less for a counter stool. Honestly, you could. But this one's worth the price.
The Bottom Line:
The Solo Stool from Mattiazzi is beautiful, elegantly proportioned, and excellently made. This bar stool can be an heirloom-quality feature of any modern home.
- Overall: 30.75" (high height) or 25.5" (medium height) h x 14" diameter
- Solid natural ash or oak construction, with painted ash options
- Durable plastic glides on legs protect your flooring
- Hand-fitted joints ensure proper alignment and solid construction
- Upholstered seat option features a number of leather choices
The Mattiazzi Solo Stool is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: MGZ02.MN, MGZ02.MS, MGZ02.HN, MGZ02.HS.
About the ManufacturerMattiazzi is an Italian design firm that is known for its emphasis on woodworking and craftsmanship. Its products often find themselves on the cutting edge of design while utilizing the most advanced technology and traditional materials. A family owned company, Mattiazzi has developed a "healthy obsession" with woodworking. Founded in 1978 and continuing to rely solely on the resources that are locally available to them, Mattiazzi uses local manufacturers to create furniture that looks and feels world-class.