designed by Thomas Heatherwick
At A Glance:
The Magis Spun Chair isn't your ordinary chair; don't expect it to replace your office work chair or your living room lounge chair. The Thomas Heatherwick designed Spun Chair will, however, completely alter the way you think about sitting down. You see, the Spun chair naturally rests at an angle. When you sit in it and lift your feet up, it rotates like a top that is about to fall over. But with its unique design the Spun Chair keeps rotating and ensures that you stay securely seated as it spins you in circles.
What's To Like:
- Remember Charles and Ray Eames? Yeah, they would have loved this chair. That simple fact gets it a vote from us, too.
- Is it a top? Is it a chair? The Spun Chair blurs the lines between toys and furniture in the very best way.
- Design should be irreverent sometimes. In fact, it's at its best when it doesn't take itself seriously. But instead of ending up with something that's ridiculous, the Spun Chair ends up as a very attractive, sculpture-like piece.
What's Not to Like:
You could pay a bunch less for a fun chair, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun as this one.
The Bottom Line:
Sure, the Spun Chair may not be the most necessary addition to your home or office, but it does bring a fun, playful element to any space and promises to brighten the day of whoever is fortunate enough to sit in it.
- 36" w x 36" d x 26" h
- Constructed of rotational molded polyethylene
- Unique design
- Suitable for use both indoors and out
- Rotates about base when user is seated
- Interactive design that provides a unique experience for the user
The Magis Spun Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: MGN00.