Taburet Bar Stool
by Ion Design
At A Glance:
Solid American Walnut and ... well, that's it. This design puts form and function together in a jar, shakes them all around, and out comes a beautiful, comfortable, and useful bar stool. The Taburet Bar Stool features tapered legs and a footrest at just the right height.
What's To Like:
- Smoothly contoured seat makes the sitter extremely comfortable - and what else is the purpose of a seat? This stool's design places the correct emphasis on comfort.
- Tapered legs give great balance to the bar stool's form, without making it too bottom-heavy.
- The footrest and side braces are shaped from the same Walnut as the rest of the stool, giving unity to its design.
Also see the Taburet Counter Stool by Ion Design.
Materials & Measurements
- Solid Walnut with matte finish
- Overall: 29" h x 16" w x 13" d
About the Manufacturer
Ion Design Furniture has an elegant yet modern lived-in quality as they often use recycled materials. Based in Toronto, the Canadian company puts weight heavily on their mantra, which can be summed up as "quality of design over quantity sold." The result of that ethos are original and sophisticated designs made of rich and rustic woods with industrial and elegant hardware. Some pieces are sculpted and others are more provincial, but all Ion Design items have a handmade aesthetic.