Thompson Chair SE
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
Based on the form of the original upholstered Thompson Dining Chair, this molded plywood beauty is a dining chair that's modern to the core. It's evident that this chair's homage to the iconic form of the Eames Plywood Dining Chair is intentional, and we think it's a success.
What's To Like:
- Some like upholstery, and they can go with the original if they'd like; but others will appreciate the lustrous finish of the Walnut veneer on this molded plywood dining chair.
- The price is right: the Thompson Chair SE is not only nice to look at, but it's definitely accessible.
What's Not to Like:
- If you think it's a knockoff, think again - the Thompson Chair SE is its own form. However, there will be some who compare it to the Eames Molded Plywood series unfavorably.
The Bottom Line:
The Thompson Chair SE by Gus Modern is a mid-century inspired dining chair that has one foot in 1954 and one foot in the here and now. You'll find that it plays well with decor of all types.
- Overall: 31" h x 19" w x 20" d
- Seat height: 18"
- Curved plywood seat and back with Walnut veneer
- Hardwood interior frame is constructed with FSC certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Frame is pressed inside a high pressure mold with water based glues
- Plastic tack-glide feet on 4 legs prevent floor damage
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.