by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
This modern ottoman is upholstered using reused fair trade coffee bags. Each ottoman is different, and features the logos and emblems that identify the original contents. An FSC-Certified hardwood frame holds it all together.
What's To Like:
- Coffee bean bags that would otherwise have been thrown away have been put to use in the production of this ottoman. That kind of recycling makes us feel all warm inside.
- The originality that you get from the uniquely-printed coffee bean bags makes this piece one that you'll be happy to show off.
What's Not to Like:
If you're looking for a predictable, single-colored ottoman that you can integrate into your decor without wondering what color will show up on your doorstep, choose a different ottoman. If you're in for a surprise, this ottoman is a seriously good choice.
The Bottom Line:
The Upcycle Ottoman from Gus Modern, with its reused coffee bag covering and responsibly produced hardwood frame, is a great-looking ottoman that brings a whole new meaning to the word "unique."
- Dimensions: 16" h x 18" w x 18" d
- Upholstered using surplus jute bags previously used to transport coffee beans
- Screen-printed stencils and logos identify the original purpose of the coffee bags
- FSC-Certified hardwood frame
- Each ottoman is totally unique
Materials & Measurements Materials:
Repurposed fair trade coffee bagsHardwood frameFrame is covered in polyurethane foam with a Dacron wrapTack-glide feet on 4 corners prevent floor damage
Overall: 16" h x 18" w x 18" d
Environmental InformationThe Upcycle Ottoman uses coffee bags that would otherwise have been thrown away, thus cutting down on wasted materials.
About the ManufacturerWith a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.