Pacific Shores Mule Chest
by Roguewood Furniture
At A Glance:
8 drawers of solid wood and USA-crafted style. This wide chest is built to last, and meshes East and West in its strikingly balanced design. It's a sustainably produced and heirloom quality chest. The perfect size to serve as bedroom clothes storage, it features eight dovetailed drawers, with aromatic Cedar lining the bottom drawers.
What's To Like:
- Dovetail joinery. The use of time-honored dovetail joinery in drawer construction assures unmatched strength and durability.
- Mortise-and-tenon joints. Following in the tradition of early handcrafted furniture, mortise-and-tenon joints are superior to today's biscuit or dowel construction techniques.
- Mackintosh drawer pulls complement the piece's style with rectangular motifs that evoke both Asian and American furniture traditions, and modified Craftsman style makes this large chest stand out as a beautiful design.
- FSC-certified wood. All of the wood in this solid chest comes from certified forests, which makes those of us who love environmental responsibility get that warm fuzzy feeling. See more environmental info below.
- Made in the USA. This mule chest was completely and proudly designed, crafted and constructed in Grants Pass, Oregon.
Check out the other pieces in Roguewood Furniture's Pacific Shores collection.
Why is it called a "mule chest?"
We asked the same question, so Wikipedia was consulted. Turns out that, if the sage words of that inexhaustible resource are true, a mule chest is any chest that is wider than it is tall or deep. Your guess is as good as our as to why that should remind us of a mule.