designed by BassamFellows
At A Glance:
The Tuxedo Settee was created by two designers who really, really love modernism. And it shows throughout the loveseat's entire shape. It's a slim, precisely proportioned ode to the best of modern design and simple living. Lean and low, the Tuxedo Settee is elegantly tailored with a broad range of fabric options. Choose between quilted and non-quilted upholstery.
What's to Like:
- The Tuxedo Settee's back and arms (if arms are chosen) form a finished, horizontal band around its perimeter, making it a good choice to sit away from the wall.
- The look you want is the look you get. How many other loveseats offer the choice between quilted and non-quilted upholstery?
- This modern 2-seater is truly component-based. What that means is that you can count on the sofa being exactly one seat section wider than the settee, which is exactly one seat section wider than the club chair. This allows exact control of seating arrangement.
- Arms or no arms? Again, you get what you want. We can't think of a single other loveseat that allows this degree of design modification.
The Geiger Tuxedo Collection also includes:
MATERIALS & MEASUREMENTS
- Base: Steel with plated or painted finish
- Upholstery: polyester blend or leather
- Armless: 56" w x 28" d x 30" h
- Arms: 60" w x 28" d x 30" h
- Seat height: 17"
Craig Bassam and Scott Fellows knew they both wanted to bring the modern design world back to basics, and in 2003 they decided to go all in. They started BassamFellows with the purpose of returning true craftsmanship and beauty to contemporary living.
Fellows was raised in New York. After receiving an MBA from Harvard, he worked in branding for worldwide corporations.
Bassam took a completely different route. He was raised in Sydney, Australia and fell in love with modernism while growing up. In fact, he became such a student of the style that he moved to New Canaan, Connecticut to be closer to where so many of modernism's architects lived and worked. He started his own architectural studio in New Canaan in 1997.
Notable pieces by the pair include the Tuxedo Group of component-based lounge furniture. Since 2010, BassamFellows has served Herman Miller in the capacity of creative directors for the company's Specialty and Consumer Businesses, and have had themselves and their work featured in numerous publications.
ABOUT THE MANUFACTURER
Founded by John Geiger in 1964 Geiger Furniture began as Interiors International Limited, a small 4-man operation based in Toronto that produced design-minded office furniture. Steadily expanding throughout the 20th century, Geiger initially focused on modular office furniture and case goods that could be customized as office needs changed. In keeping with this commitment to flexibility, Geiger stressed the importance craftsmanship and quality construction in its use of wood furniture. With quality construction and beautiful wood finishes Geiger pieces easily fit in most settings and seem to adapt to any change in current styles.
In the 1980s Geiger paired with Ward Bennett, a partnership that would lead to numerous awards throughout the 80s and 90s. Today, Geiger produces many of Ward Bennett's most iconic designs, holding true to Bennett's principles of beauty and simplicity. Geiger strives to not only produce top-quality furniture for the home and office but to do so responsibly, in a way that preserves the earth's precious resources. In 2010 Geiger met two ambitious sustainability goals: using 100 percent green electrical energy and reaching zero landfill status during its production process. Sustainability, functionality, beauty, these traits have helped make Geiger a staple of the furniture industry for more than half a century.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Free shipping within the contiguous United States!
Usually 10 - 12 weeks from the time the order is placed
Standard Shipping Method:
28" x 60" x 30"
Package Weight: 150 lbs.
For additional information, please see our shipping and delivery policies page.
The Tuxedo Loveseat comes with a 12-year manufacturer's warranty.