We tailor the shipping options for every item on our site to give you the best experience possible. All of the eligible services will appear as you add items to your shopping cart. You will find a ? icon beside each method which outlines the level of service you can expect to receive.
How Will My Order Ship?
- Standard Ground: We use this service to ship small, lightweight items. UPS is our preferred partner although we rely on Fedex to deliver some things as well. Your local driver will bring your order to your front door or main entrance Monday through Friday during normal business hours. This is the best option for fast, simple and convenient delivery!
- Standard Curbside: We use this service anytime an item is too large or too fragile to ship with UPS or FedEx. The shipping companies we use may not be household names like UPS and FedEx, but they are committed to providing you with an equally professional experience. With curbside service, your items will be left at the curb, just inside your driveway or placed next to your front door. When your order arrives to the station in your area, you will be contacted to schedule a delivery date and time. An appointment will be made prior to delivery and a signature will be required. Please note that this service does not include delivery inside your home or office, so be prepared. If you want to save a little money on shipping and have friends to help you move and unpack, this is your best option.
- Inside Delivery: Inside delivery is a cost effective way to have large, heavy items delivered inside your home or office when you just do not want to be bothered by moving and lifting. When your order reaches the local station in your area, you will be contacted to schedule a delivery appointment (with a 4-5 hour window). Caveat: if you need debris removal, stair carries or light assembly, you may want to upgrade to our white glove service.
- Premium Inside Delivery: Premium inside delivery is our deluxe delivery option. This service includes a delivery appointment, placement inside your room of choice (two flights or 20 stairs max), unpacking, setup (up to 30 minutes without tools) and debris removal. If you truly want a no-hassle delivery experience, this is your best option.
- Furniture Assembly: Assembly is offered for select items only and will appear as an option during check out (labeled "Professional Installation"). The assembly fee includes a delivery appointment, placement inside your room of choice, unpacking, installation and debris removal. If you are interested in assembly and do not see the option listed, please contact us at 888-467-6278 for a custom quote.
- If you need to change the shipping service after your order has been placed, that's totally fine. As long as your order has not shipped we should be able to easily upgrade or downgrade the service for you.
- If you plan to be out of town during the time your order is scheduled to arrive, send us a note and we will work to delay your order until a day or week that is more convenient for you.
- UPS and FedEx will not call prior to delivery. However, their online tracking services are awesome. You can get live updates anytime by visiting UPS.com or FedEx.com. UPS and FedEx also have a "hold for pickup" option. If you have a busy work schedule and prefer to pick up your order from a local UPS store, let us know and we will make it happen.
- If you have not heard already, UPS and FedEx offer really great programs called UPS My Choice and FedEx Delivery Manager. Both services give you the option to do cool things like receive tracking text message alerts, change the delivery address, hold for in-store pickup, set vacation notices and much more. The basic service is free and we highly recommend it!
How Much Will I Pay For Shipping?
Good question. We do our best to provide you with the most competitive shipping rates possible. For some products shipping will be free while other products will carry charges. This is determined by a number of things - including rules set forth by our partners that they ask us to follow, large items that require special handling, fragile items that require special packaging and so forth. Below is a shipping snapshot of what you can expect, broken down by manufacturer. In all cases, our shipping rates apply to orders shipped within the contiguous United States.
- Free Shipping: Applies to all Smart Shelves, Herman Miller, Steelcase, Ekornes Stressless, Copeland, Hon, Greenington, Humanscale, Coalesse, Ali Sandifer, Vitra, EK Living, Emeco, Cherner, Offi, Calligaris, LAX Series, Innovation, Pablo Designs, Prepac and LOFTwall products.
- Kartell products incur a shipping charge of 3% instead of the standard shipping rate of 10%.
- Knoll products incur a specific shipping charge depending on the price of each item as shown below. The great news is that all Knoll products come with Premium White Glove Shipping which includes delivery inside any room of your home or office and complete assembly/installation!
up to $1,200: $75
$1,200-$9,200: 6.5% of order value
$9,200 and above: $600
Replacement Covers, Seat Pads, or Web Kits: $50
- Skovby products incur a shipping charge of 5% instead of the standard shipping rate of 10%. The good news is that we have upgraded shipping from the basic curbside to Inside Delivery at no additional cost. We know that Skovby items are heavy (AKA extremely well made) and having the furniture delivered inside your home will save you some frustration (and a backache to boot).
- Gus Modern upholstered products, casegoods, and dining tables incure a shipping charge of 5%. All other Gus Modern products come with free shipping. Many of the upholstered pieces come with free shipping upgrades. This is our special gift to you (we know that sofas are heavy!).
- BDI products incur a flat rate shipping charge depending on the price of each item, as follows:
up to $399: $30 per item
$400-$899: $60 per item
$900-$1399: $100 per item
$1400 and over: $150 per item
- Standard Shipping Rates: For other products and brands not listed above, standard shipping is 10% of order total - or $10 minimum - for orders within the contiguous United States.
- Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, Canada & Other International Locations: My U.S. is our preferred forwarding agent for large packages. You can learn more about their services at MyUS.com. If you need assistance in obtaining a quote, please call us at 888-467-6278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. Please also note that orders shipped outside of the contiguous U.S. cannot be returned.
How Can I Track My Order?
We have three options for you:
- You can track your order anytime (even at 2 A.M.) using the Track My Order link. Just have your order number ready and be sure to use the same email address that you used at the time the order was placed.
- You can call us (888-467-6278)! We are available seven days a week. If we happen to miss your call, we promise to be back in touch within the hour (during business hours of course).
- You can email us! We love to hear from our customers and have a team ready to quickly respond to your inquiries. Reach out to us anytime.
What If My Order Arrives Damaged?
We do everything we can to ensure that your order arrives to you damage-free, but sometimes accidents happen along the way. If you receive your order and you see damage, do not fear - we've got you covered. Here's what you can do to help us help you:
- If you observe damage to the box or product at the time of delivery, make a quick note on the delivery ticket and contact us right away at 888-762-7841. The note can be as simple as "Product Damaged."
- Hold on to the box (even if it looks really bad).
- Send a photo or two or three to email@example.com.
- Hang tight. We will respond to your phone call or email ASAP and will work with you to determine a solution that best meets your needs.
Do You Offer Expedited Shipping Options?
- Rush or expedited shipping options are available for select items only. For a special, product-specific quote, please call us at 888-467-6278 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as quickly as we can.