Rectangular Dining Tables at Smart Furniture
The Best Dining Table Shape?
Are rectangles the best dining table shape? Let's go through the reasons that only true dining tables are rectangular, and everything else is just pretending.
- Space Optimization: Think about your dining room. What shape is it? A rectangle. That's what I thought. We learned when we were toddlers that rectagles go in rectangles, stars go in stars, and circles go in circles. Makes sense to me.
- Familiarity: When you look at famous paintings of dinners, what do you see? You see rectangular dining tables. Michaelangelo knew what's up.
- Surface area: How do you fill in the most surface area of a rectangle? With a rectangle, genius.
- Wood comes in rectangular shapes: Plywood comes in rectangular shapes. Solid wood boards come in rectangular shapes. Why would you make your dining table into anything else besides a rectangle?
- The Round Table Was Doomed: Look, everyone knows that Camelot's famous round table was ultimately undone by infighting and general discord. Why would you invite that into your house by getting a round-ish dining table? Seems like a bad idea to me.
- Why are you still reading this? My point has already been made, but here's another one. Without a rectangular dining table, there can be no head of the table. Every home has a hierrarchy.
So How do I find the Right Dining Table for Me?
Now that we've decided that rectangular dining tables are the only natural dining table shape, and anything else is an abomination under the world's scientific order, we need to figure out which one is best for you home. First, you'll want to measure your space so that you don't get something too big or too small. Secondly, you'll want to read our Dining Table Buying Guide to get familiar with the sizes and materials that are available. Generally, you'll want around three feet of space between your dining table and wall for your guests to have plenty of room to pull out their chairs and move around. Once you get your dining table's needed footprint, you're ready to find your ideal table.
Are you looking for an ultra-modern dining table? Take a look at the Multi 160 Trestles table by TemaHome. Are you like Audrey Hepburn who demands classic styling with a wealthy air? You should check out the Florence Knoll Dining Table. The marble top and stainless steel legs are supurb. The PCH Dining Table by MASHStudios is a chunky and minimalist option that's made out of gorgeous solid walnut. Don't forget about the Eames Rectangular Table, a classic for midcentury connoiseurs. If you feel really wild, the Fiumicino Table by Moe's is a solid industrial option with rad wheels.
Call Us for Help!
Whatever your style, Smart Furniture has the perfect rectangular dining table for your home. Our Furniture Geniuses can help you with swatches, measurements, and more. Let Smart Furniture make your dining area amazing!