Job Opportunities at Smart Furniture
Working at Smart Furniture
We invite those who want to play a vital role in our company’s growth and success to join us at our home base in Chattanooga. Our team’s goal is to provide every customer with the best experience anywhere. The people who work here are smart, hard working, and eager to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
If you're looking for the usual 9-to-5, this is not the job for you. We're looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who will put in the extra time to finish the task at hand, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
Important: If you do not have a sense of humor, if you complain a lot, or if you feel like you are entitled to things, please do not apply.
However, if you love a challenge, laugh with people, strive for excellence, and make lemonade out of those pesky lemons, please do apply.
Current Job Openings at Smart Furniture
Customer Service Champion / Purchasing Specialist
Smart Furniture is looking for a new Purchasing Specialist / Customer Service Representative who has a great attitude and loves helping people. Customer service plays a vital role in our company’s growth and success. After all, we’ve got the best customer service you can find! You’ll help us maintain that great reputation. We offer customers thousands of options in their furniture shopping experience and we need talented team members to make customers' dreams become a reality.
This position will consist of two primary roles. The first is as a Customer Service representative which includes communicating with customers via telephone, email, and live chat. Additionally, you will work with the Sales and Operations Teams to ensure that customers are provided the most excellent service possible.
The second role is Purchasing Specialist. This includes placing purchase orders with our vendors, monitoring shipping dates with the manufacturers, ensuring price accuracy with manufacturers and shippers, and communicating with customers and vendors about order details/updates. This position requires a person with a high degree of accuracy, strong organizational skills, the ability to be satisfied with relative consistency of daily tasks/workload, and strong competency in working with fine details like numbers/codes/skus.
Ideal candidates will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, have the ability learn quickly and contribute to our mission of becoming the leading Internet retailer in our industry. Customer Service Team members report directly to the Operations Manager and will work closely with the Sales and Merchandising Teams to provide each customer with a great experience.
- Receive inbound calls from customers
- Respond to emails, questions, and concerns
- Adopt a customer-centric approach to make the customer experience at Smart Furniture unparalleled
- Speak with a friendly and engaging tone of voice
- Analyze and provide creative solutions to customers' problems, questions, and concerns
- Assist customers with site navigation, order placement and modification
- Learn the most efficient ways to navigate SmartFurniture.com in order to help customers in a timely manner
- Coordinate solutions between manufacturers, vendors, shippers, assemblers, customers, or any additional parties needed
- Identify new and better solutions to existing problems
- Seek new responsibilities and areas to contribute to the company's performance and overall success
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Place purchase orders directly with vendors and shippers
- Work with manufacturers to ensure accuracy of product info, pricing, and content
- Monitor shipping dates of orders, following up with vendors to ensure timely fulfillment
- Build new skus as needed
- Manage order database, keeping it as up-to-date as possible
- Communicate with customers to provide order updates and proactive shipping statuses
- A highly detail-oriented personality that values organization
- A high degree of accuracy and self-correction
- A passion for customer experience and service excellence
- A sincere interest in helping people
- A problem-solving, solution-minded mentality
- A positive and engaging attitude
- Bachelor's degree or two years' experience in customer service and/or purchasing
- Two to four years' relevant experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently yet contribute to team performance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and teammates
- Proficient and comfortable with computers and the internet
- Experience in Excel, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to think on your feet (to conduct root-cause analysis and respond promptly to customer)
- Motivation to meet customers' needs and solve their problems quickly, efficiently, and completely
- Strong work ethic
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Occasional games of ping pong
- Working in one of the coolest office spaces in Chattanooga
- Paid vacations and most major holidays off
Are you ready to get started? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you're looking to go a step beyond, send in a short video link of yourself (via unlisted YouTube or Dropbox link) to help us to get to know you a little better. Here are some questions that you can answer:
1. Why do you think you're a good fit for this job and Smart Furniture? 2. What are some examples from your schooling or work experience that you think qualifies you for this position? 3. What does good customer service mean to you, and why do you think it's important? 4. Tell us about you! Let us know something fun, unique, or interesting about yourself!
Argh. We currently don't have any other open positions at this time, but we're always on the lookout for talented people that want to be a part of our team. Think you'd be a good fit? Please feel free to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future consideration.