Job Opportunities at Smart Furniture
Working at Smart Furniture
We invite those who want to play a vital role in our company’s growth and success to join us at our home base in Chattanooga. Our team’s goal is to provide every customer with the best experience anywhere. The people who work here are smart, hard working, and eager to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
If you're looking for the usual 9-to-5, this is not the job for you. We're looking for people who want to improve our company every day, who will put in the extra time to finish the task at hand, who seek new responsibilities and solve problems before being asked to do so, and who are willing to think, innovate, and commit themselves to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
Important: If you do not have a sense of humor, if you complain a lot, or if you feel like you are entitled to things, please do not apply.
However, if you love a challenge, laugh with people, strive for excellence, and make lemonade out of those pesky lemons, please do apply.
Current Job Openings at Smart Furniture
Staff Accountant Position
Smart Furniture is looking for a Staff Accountant for our downtown Chattanooga office. This will be an entry level position that will report to the Accounting Manager. We are a rapidly growing internet retailer and need someone who wants to be part of a team. You will play a vital role in our company's growth and success.
This position will not be just another job. We are looking for someone who is smart, hard working, and willing to dive in and thrive in a rapidly changing and challenging environment. You may be able to make more money working somewhere else, but we offer a great work environment, lots of challenges and responsibility, and real potential to develop a career.
We are looking for people who want to improve our company every day, seek new responsibilities, and solve problems before being asked to do so. Our ideal candidate is willing to think, innovate, and commit him or herself to making SmartFurniture.com the best company it can be.
- Accounts Payable: Entering invoices and paying by due date.
- Accounts Receivable: Billing customer orders, charging credit cards, sending out invoices, and following up on past due invoices.
- Reconciling inventory at month-end closing.
- Assisting with month-end closing duties and formatting of financial statements.
- Scanning General Ledger accounts for errors and/or discrepancies.
- Other general projects as assigned
- Preferred 1-2 years of experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel at the minimum.
- Experience with Netsuite ERP System is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven to work well with minimal guidance
- Effective problem solver
- Attention to detail and skillful multi-tasking of various priority projects.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Intuitive and able to make connections within data
Smart Furniture Employees enjoy:
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- A unique and innovative work environment
Please apply through either the Chattanooga Times Free Press link or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Argh. We currently don't have any open positions at this time, but we're always on the lookout for talented people that want to be a part of our team. Think you'd be a good fit? Please feel free to email your resume to email@example.com for future consideration.