Smart Furniture News
Read about current events, announcements and what's going on Smart Furniture.
"Smart Furniture recognized this as a core optimization dimension and one in which it could excel. The company appointed eight product managers for each Adobe Marketing Cloud solution and encouraged employees at all levels to learn from and collaborate with one another—not just to review specific solutions, but also to learn the integrations between those solutions, enabling them to tell a richer results-driven story and determine actionable next steps to propel the business forward."
"There truly is no limit to what you can do with personalization. The question is what should you do? The simple answer is to use personalization as a tool to create a more meaningful connection between your customer and products (and vicariously, you and your customers). As retailers, our role in the value chain is to know our products, to know our customers, and to connect the two. Your personalization tools should be the place where you showcase your understanding of how your products solve the problems of your customers."
"This year, Retail TouchPoints is proud to honor 14 retail companies that have embraced customer engagement and implemented solutions and services that are delighting customers and boosting revenue. Each of this year's winners has taken the initiative to deliver a more satisfying level of service and improved experience to the demanding shopper base. The award winners are ahead of the curve and are achieving business success in this increasingly competitive and challenging marketplace."
"Since 2001 Smart Furniture, an online furniture retailer and pioneer of the innovative design-on-demand model, has been customizing furniture to personalize customers' spaces. Everyone from homeowners to business owners has a space to make more attractive, productive or organized ... if it's easy enough. In order to allow customers to design their own furniture and spaces quickly and easily, the retailer developed the SmartSpace design-on-demand platform."
"... in July of this year Smart Furniture launched the beta of an in-house-developed customer-facing application called Smart Space that uses 3-D tools to help customers visualize exactly how a product will look in the dimensions of their personal space. The retailer used a responsive design strategy to allow Smart Space to automatically optimize its visual display for the customer's Internet device."
"Unsure how to maximize that wedge of wasted space under the stairs? Turn it into storage for summer-party supplies with a deep modular unit that exploits every last inch. Build in stability by filling from the ground up, placing the heaviest items, like platters, beverage dispensers, and bottles of wine (laid horizontally), on the bottom. Put high-frequency goods at eye level, and use pretty baskets to corral small doodads, like coasters and stirrers. Genius repurposing tip: Flat document boxes can archive place mats and cocktail napkins." Here's what they're talking about: 4' Trilogy Staircase Shelf
"PriceWaiter [...] provides a hosted price-negotiation application that presents a Name Your Price button on a product buy page. A customer can click the button to enter a price, then typically receive within minutes if not seconds an e-mail that either accepts or rejects their offer. If the Smart Furniture rep accepts the price, the customer can then click a link from the e-mail to complete the purchase [...]"
"What it Takes to Sell Luxury Online: 5 Questions with Smart Furniture CEO T.J. Gentle" - Marketingland
"With existing customers eight times more likely to make a purchase than a new customer, SmartFurniture.com's conversion rates reinforce Gentle's philosophy that the best marketing is outstanding customer service when it comes to the luxury brand audience.'When people are spending that much money, they really want exactly what they want,' says Gentle. 'Our focus has been to provide great service to be rewarded with repeat business.'"
"SmartFurniture.com, an online-only furniture company, leverages a series of targeted emails to connect with customers throughout their unique browsing and buying journeys, acquire customers and drive incremental sales. As of June 2013, the email series was accounting for approximately 8% of overall monthly revenue, according to T.J. Gentle, CEO of SmartFurniture.com."
- Smart Furniture Optimizes for Personalization: Adobe Blog
- CETWorld: Using Personalization Technology to Enhance Customer Engagement
- 14 Retailers Win Customer Engagement Awards
- Retail Best Practices: Smart Visualization
- Chain Store Age: Custom Furniture, Custom Experience
- Smart Furniture is Retail Systems Award Finalist
- Smart Furniture CEO discusses government shutdown with President Obama
- Chattanooga Small Business CEO Meets With President Obama
- “Name that Price” option boosts conversions for SmartFurniture.com
- What It Takes To Sell Luxury Online: 5 Questions With Smart Furniture CEO T.J. Gentle
- SmartFurniture.com Drives Sales With Targeted Email Campaigns
- Email Marketing: Segmentation, triggered sends generate twice the revenue with half as many email sends for furniture company
- Chattanooga's Smart Furniture expands with business
- Smart Furniture, Turnstone give The Company Lab a makeover
- SmartFurniture.com Launches SmartSpace: An Innovative New Design on Demand Application
- Chattanooga executive, White House approach cliff
- Chattanooga: Smart grows studio - Web furniture firm stretches legs as brick-mortar retailer
- SmartFurniture.com Achieves a Quantum Leap in Search Engine Rankings and Sales by Boosting Site Performance
- Smart Furniture Announces Panel of Guest Judges for Smart
- Smart Furniture® Studio features the The Gifted Eye Exhibit by Charles Eames
- SmartFurniture.com Design on Demand® Platform Now Features the Setu Chair by Herman Miller®
- SmartFurniture.com Launches the SmartDesigner® (beta)
- SmartFurniture.com Adds Knoll Generation Chair to its Smart Designer Platform
- Culp Promotes T. J. Gentle to President and CEO of Smart Furniture
- Smart Furniture Studio Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Smart Furniture® Selected as Early Distributor of Herman Miller® Lifework™ Portfolio of Exclusive Home Office Products
- Smart Furniture Introduces Local Smart Furniture Studio™
- Smart Furniture Awarded Better Business Bureau 2008 Torch Award
- Smart Furniture Expands Design On Demand to Include the Iconic Furniture Designs Of Herman Miller For The Home
- Smart Furniture Launches New Interlocking Tradeshow Furnishings
- Harvard Professor and Author Gives Smart Furniture an A+
- Smart Furniture® Featured on HGTV's I Want That!
- Smart Furniture® to Redesign Booth Daily at Global Shop
- Smart Furniture Premiers New Website at Global Shop
- Smart Furniture Hires Industry Experts to Lead Sales Division
- Smart Furniture Appoints Livingston Company Investment Banker Bob Marshall to Board of Directors
- Poised for Growth--Smart Furniture Appoints Board of Directors
- Smart Furniture closes on venture capital funding
- Smart Furniture® makes second appearance on ABC
- Company's smart solution receives national recognition from retail industry
- Smart Furniture makes multiple appearances on national TV