Live from Chattanooga, TN
Find Your Office Style
Office: what you need to know
When it comes time to buy new office furniture - to furnish a new office or re-furnish an old office - you're the best judge of what will work well for you. You know what you need to make your office complete. Whether your home office needs a new task chair, your business office needs a new desk, or your small company needs a flexible, modular office furniture solution, you're in the right place. You'll have a smarter, more effective office when you're done here. Want to learn more? Check our all of our Business Resources to learn how to get the office of your dreams.
Since there's no single characteristic that defines whether an office is "smart" or not, we at Smart Furniture provide high quality office furniture and help you to make an informed choice. There are a few characteristics that we think a "smart" office should exhibit.
A Smart Office is Comfortable
- This one is simple enough to understand. If you aren't comfortable, you're distracted; if you're distracted, you're not productive. That's why we carry the most comfortable office chairs on the planet. Made by companies like Steelcase, Herman Miller, Humanscale, HON, and Knoll - organizations that have set themselves apart from the rest of the office furniture world - these office chairs are as inviting as furniture can get. With numerous features, some of which have only been around since the last decade, these user-friendly chairs offer a wide range of adjustability and personalization so that your chair fits you in a way that maximizes your comfort.
- If this sparks you interest (or if you've never heard of a lumbar support or tilt limiter) take a closer look at some of our bestsellers like the Embody Chair, the Leap Chair, the Aeron Chair, the GESTURE Chair, or the Mirra 2 Chair. These items feature adjustable arms to support you while you work, adjustable lumbar support so your back doesn't ache, and flexible seats so you can stay comfortable throughout the work day. While most task chairs only offer a limited number of adjustments (most come with a seat height adjustment and that's about it), our lineup of office chairs comes with a range of options so you can completely personalize your chair's fit.
- In addition to task chairs, we also offer every type of seating type your office could need - including conference room chairs, guest seating, executive chairs, stacking chairs, and lounge chairs with an office-oriented aesthetic. So if you need something special for your reception area, your conference room, or just want to treat yourself to a plush executive chair, we've got something for you.
- Looking for a desk that doesn't limit your work space or make you sit in an awkward posture? Our collection of desks includes ergonomic desksheight-adjustable - like the Float Table - while others have an ergonomic shape that keeps your worktools within arm's reach - like the Envelop Desk.
A Smart office is Organized
- Clutter can punch a hole in anyone's day. The result can be a lost fax or a missing telephone number; the cause can usually be attributed to a lack of organization. An unorganized office rarely makes for an efficient and productive space. That's why Smart Furniture carries a range of organization accessories like file pedestals, bulletin boards, and cable management systems to remove clutter and get your entire office in order.
A Smart office is Ergonomic
- Ergonomics is a broad term. It can apply to anything that is designed to fit the human body's needs. Even the most generic office chair is somewhat ergonomic - after all, it has both a seat and a back.
- With that said, some things are more ergonomic than others. At Smart Furniture, we've taken advantage of the rapid advances in ergonomic technology over the last 20 years to bring you the most ergonomically inclined office furniture and accessories you'll find anywhere.
- Be sure to check out our ergonomic accessories like monitor arms, keyboard trays, and footrests. They can turn your workspace into a place of comfort for your eyes, hands, and feet. These simple accessories can go a long way towards creating a relaxing workspace - even more than a good office chair can. They'll automatically change your posture for the better.
- In addition to our ergonomic office accessories, many of our office chairs have the most technologically advanced features available today. For ergonomic work chairs, look at our lineup of task chairs by Humanscale, Herman Miller, Knoll, HON, and Steelcase.
A Smart office is Adaptable
- In one year - or less - your business will have different needs than it does today. You'll have added staff, restructured, or streamlined the way you interact with your co-workers. If you mirror today's trends, you'll be collaborating more with one another and sharing workspaces as you solve problems together.
- Office furniture needs to be able to catch up with you. That's why we like collections such as Turnstone Bivi and HON Motivate. They're two great solutions for a workplace that can change with your needs. Adaptable, modular, and reconfigurable, Bivi can grow with you and move anywhere you do.
- Another facet of adaptability is mobility. Desks on wheels - like the Everywhere Tables, or Verb Tables - are perfect for mobile training rooms that emphasize group collaboration. And just as they work well in training situations, they also work well when your job requires you to work with various people throughout the day - or when your home office isn't its own set-aside room. A wheeled desk can stay out of the way when it's not needed and easily move to where you'll use it.
Whether your "smart" office is in your home (where you pay the bills, make your latest blog entry, and catch up on the news) or at work (where every day needs to be as productive as possible), Smart Furniture has a solution for your office needs.