Thank you for your swatch request. We'll send your requested swatches as soon as possible, and free of charge!
Herman Miller Eames Chaise
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance:
In 1955, while filming a movie, film director Billy Wilder took a nap. He used a narrow plank held up by sawhorses, so that he wouldn't sleep for too long. It wasn't the most comfy place he'd ever slept, so he asked his good friends Charles and Ray Eames for a narrow office couch. The design they came up with was the Eames Chaise, which allows comfortable naps but doesn't encourage hours of sleep. They gave the first chaise to Wilder, of course, and Herman Miller first produced it in 1968.
What's To Like:
The Eames Chaise is soft, comfortable, and just 18" wide. When you lie on it, you naturally fold your arms over your chest. Should you doze off, your arms soon fall to your sides, waking you up. For that reason, it's a beautiful place to relax for a spell in a study, den, or executive office. Its gently sloping frame puts the body in a naturally relaxed position, with the head and legs slightly raised.
What's Not to Like:
If you're looking for a chaise that will give you a long, uninterrupted rest, the Eames Chaise isn't really going to fulfill your every desire.
The Bottom Line:
The Eames Chaise is soft, comfortable and ultra sleek at just 18" wide. The trim lines of its sculptural frame accommodate 6 base cushions, while 2 additional loose cushions provide support for the back, neck or legs. It's a beautiful place to relax for a spell in a study, den or executive office. Truly a work of art, the chaise features black leather and a sculptural frame and base.
- Overall: 29.5" h x 76.5" w x 18" d
- Seat height: 16.5" at foot
- Seat width: 18"
- Six foam cushions. 2.5 inches thick and upholstered in soft leather
- 2 additional loose cushions give support for the back, neck, or legs
- Stable and durable die-cast aluminum frame and base
- Cushions are joined by flexible zippers and secured to nylon fabric tightly slung on the frame
- Nylon glides protect your carpet or wood floor
- Frame finish is electrostatically applied
- Leather is MCL Italian leather made in Italy
The Herman Miller Eames Chaise is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: ES106, EA106, EA106.1R10, EA106.1R01, ES106.1R10, ES106.1R01.
See all product information and details here.