Thank you for your swatch request. We'll send your requested swatches as soon as possible, and free of charge!
Stressless Consul Chair Medium and Ottoman, Leather
by Ekornes Stressless
At A Glance:
As an international brand, Stressless has done a fitting thing in naming three of its chairs after international-relations public servants. The Consul Small, Consul Medium, and Consul Large chairs are all part of the same style family, but in different sizes. The Consul Medium chair is the medium-sized chair of the bunch, and is perfectly suited to a comfortable domestic life.
If you're looking for the Signature Base version, you can find it HERE.
What's To Like:
The recline function (the Glide System) reacts to shifts in your body weight. This means you never have to hold tension in your body, like you would in many other recliners. Your head, neck, and shoulders are supported well by the Stressless Consul Chair's headrest. The headrest moves with the chair to keep your head supported in a reading position with your neck muscles relaxed. As an alternative, you can drop the headrest if you'd like to lie almost fully flat. The Plus system within the chair controls lumbar region support, so that whenever you need it, the chair moves to support your lower back. And all that's not even getting into the way the chair looks! It's refined-looking, like it belongs in the home of someone who appreciates the finer things - like you do.
What's Not to Like:
We're not going to be able to knock this recliner's comfort. It's simply comfortable. So it's all a matter of taste at this point. If you don't like its look, then that's what's not to like. We don't think that the price tag is an issue here because of the incredible value a Stressless recliner is in terms of comfort and durability.
The Bottom Line:
With a striking combination of comfort, function, and balanced good looks, the Stressless Consul Chair is the direct result of more than 35 years of refining what Ekornes has preached all along. Slightly contemporary in its overall design, the wood frame and plush upholstery are reminders of the Stressless Consul Chair's luxurious quality.
Ekornes introduced the Stressless chair in 1971, meticulously developing and designing the chair to provide your body with the ultimate in comfort and support while sitting upright or reclined. This revolutionary design has made Stressless the ultimate recliner for the past 35 years.
- Chair dimensions: 39.25" h x 29.5" w x 28" d
- Ottoman dimensions: 15" h x 21.25" w x 15.25" d
- Seat height: 15.75" h
- Stressless Glide System: allows you to adjust the glide setting so you can automatically shift to any seating position by simply using your body weight.
- Plus System: automatically provides correct support for your head and lumbar area in all positions. The lower back support adjusts in parallel with the headrest, so you can enjoy perfect support, whether you are sitting in an upright or reclining position.
- ErgoAdapt: seat tilts down automatically the moment you sit down, providing the most comfortable sitting angle. If you prefer to lie down, the seat elevates to the completely flat position.
- Upholstered in your choice of leather or fabric
- Cushioned with two layers of foam
- Glide system within the chair is made of sturdy steel
- Strong, high-quality bent plywood base swivels and provides excellent stability
Optional Swing Table
The Stressless Swing Table is a round side table that attaches to the side of most Stressless recliners.
Designed with convenience and comfort in mind, the Swing Table is roomy enough for a number of items you'd normally keep on your end table, such as drinks, books, or remote controls. There's no better way to keep these items within arm's reach while staying relaxed. The Swing Table is also a great way to save space, as it can eliminate the need for an end table next to your recliner.
Available in 7 wood finishes, the Swing Table is compatible with most Stressless recliners.
See all product information and details here.