Item #: YF1445
Blake Armchair by Younger
Though this item is long gone, we’ve curated a few other products that you might also be interested in. Check them out!
At A Glance:
Elegantly balanced on strong, tapered wood legs, the Blake chair is an exercise in tasteful extravagance. Choose a boldly patterened upholstery to make a statement, or a neutral tone to work within your room's decor. Whichever route you take, this armchair will look and feel as classy as ever.
What's to Like:
- Sturdy Propex substrate has been added to inside backs, outside arms, and under fabric to maintain original form and reduce wear and tear.
- Tight seat is constructed of 2.0 density foam and upholstered by hand to become a tailored part of the style.
- Sinuous springs support the back and give it long-lasting sturdiness, while woven webbing gives the seat resiliency and a supportive foundation.
- Arms are double-padded, so they'll be comfortable and soft enough to lean your elbows on.
- Frame is double-doweled and glued, with blocked corners and joint breakers for added reinforcement. It'll last for a long time.
- In addition, the frame is responsibly made using SFI-certified wood (Sustainable Forestry Initiative).
Materials & Measurements
Overall: 28" h x 28" w x 29" d
SFI Certified hardwood frame, 2.0 density foam, double padded arms, spring back seat
If you'd like to see all fabric options, please View Younger Furniture's Material Library
About The Manufacturer
Local design, local manufacturing, local company: based out of North Carolina, Younger Furniture has been delivering American-made style, quality, and comfort since 1989. Younger's fresh sofas, chairs, loveseats, and sectionals are known for their solid construction and excellent upholstery. With an ability to produce both modern sofas and traditional furniture, Younger neatly straddles the modern/traditional divide ... without compromise. Their Avenue 62 Collection illustrates their ability to add a Mid-Century look to their oeuvre.
Younger Furniture is becoming more and more widely known for their quality of craftsmanship. Techniques that ensure durability - such as corners that are blocked, double-doweled, glued, screwed, and (for good measure) stapled - give each customer a sofa or lounge chair that can last for decades with the proper care. Generous padding is added in all the places you’ll need it, including under the upholstery at the bottom of each sofa’s front, ensuring comfort and a smooth look. Younger Furniture pieces tend towards the medium-firm side for a well-supported sit, with the option for a YLux cushion upgrade for a softer sit. This enables each customer - whether she prefers a firm sit or a cushy sit - to find comfort in the Younger line of sofas.
Take a look at how these sofas are made at Younger's North Carolina facility.