Carmichael Loft Sofa
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
The Carmichael Loft Sofa fuses traditional and contemporary design, bringing clean lines to a classic style. Sort of like the sofa in your grandmother's living room that you loved to sit on when you were a kid - and sort of like the sofa you saw in that magazine the other day and just needed to get for your own.
What's To Like:
- The Carmichael Loft Sofa's fusion of old and new is accomplished seamlessly - making this a modern sofa with an old soul.
- Equally at home in a modern space as it is in an eclectic/traditional home, the Carmichael Sofa is a master (or mistress?) of adaptability.
- Sized for today's small homes - like apartments and lofts - Carmichael strikes a good balance between group seating and space conservation.
What's Not to Like:
This sofa is on the pricey side ... but it's so sturdy and well styled that you'll be hard pressed to beat its quality.
The Bottom Line:
Some pieces of furniture are defined by their time, and others by their style; the Carmichael Sofa fits in neither category. It's somewhere in the middle. Traditional yet contemporary, the Carmichael is a medium-sized sofa with character.
- Overall Dimensions: 35" h x 72" w x 33" d
- Tight upholstered back and solid wood legs
- Design inspired by airport lounge seating
- Seat cushion is fastened in place with Velcro to prevent slipping
- FSC-Certified solid ash frame and legs with a walnut finish
- Turned, anti-wobble legs that are built into the frame
- Plastic bumpers on all legs to prevent floor damage
- Coordinate with the matching Carmichael Chair
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.