Full Twist Chair
designed by Mark Goetz
At A Glance:
Give a designer like Mark Goetz access to cutting edge technology and the Full Twist Chair is what he'll end up with. A sculpted ribbon of wood flows seamlessly from the front legs to wrap around the back of this striking guest chair. The backrest, as it cradles the sitter, embodies the "twist" in the chair's name.
What's To Like:
- Let's talk about the looks that the Full Twist Chair has been blessed with. Mark Goetz has a gift for bringing the best out of sculpted wood. The stunning wrap-around back construction of this chair leaves us wanting a set for our dining room.
- A multitude of upholstery options makes this one of the most versatile chairs on the market. No matter what your home looks like, you'll find a fabric to match.
- The Full Twist Chair is Greenguard certified, which means that it's produced without many of the harmful contaminants with which non-certified chairs are produced.
What's Not to Like:
The only thing we could find to pick on with this superb side chair is its price. It's not cheap.
The Bottom Line:
Available in a wide range of woods and upholsteries, the Full Twist Chair by Geiger is a versatile and comfortable design that complements any home or office decor. While it's not a bargain, it's also one of the most refined chairs on the market, and deserves consideration when any high-class space is being outfitted.
- Overall: 30" h x 23.5" w x 24" d
- Seat height: 18" h
- Walnut or maple frame in an amazingly wide variety of finishes
- Glides on chair legs protect your flooring
- Fully upholstered seat
- Seamless arms and backrest
The Gieger Full Twist Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: SFT1A, SFT1M, SFT1W, SFT1N.
Founded by John Geiger in 1964 Geiger Furniture began as Interiors International Limited, a small 4-man operation based in Toronto that produced design-minded office furniture. Steadily expanding throughout the 20th century, Geiger initially focused on modular office furniture and case goods that could be customized as office needs changed. In keeping with this commitment to flexibility, Geiger stressed the importance craftsmanship and quality construction in its use of wood furniture. With quality construction and beautiful wood finishes Geiger pieces easily fit in most settings and seem to adapt to any change in current styles.
In the 1980s Geiger paired with Ward Bennett, a partnership that would lead to numerous awards throughout the 80s and 90s. Today, Geiger produces many of Ward Bennett's most iconic designs, holding true to Bennett's principles of beauty and simplicity. Geiger strives to not only produce top-quality furniture for the home and office but to do so responsibly, in a way that preserves the earth's precious resources. In 2010 Geiger met two ambitious sustainability goals: using 100 percent green electrical energy and reaching zero landfill status during its production process. Sustainability, functionality, beauty, these traits have helped make Geiger a staple of the furniture industry for more than half a century.