designed by Nitzan Cohen
At A Glance:
Designer Nitzan Cohen wanted to create a chair that was "a bit hard but very round, very simple but also intricate, practical and pragmatic but offering quite much." Solo, produced by the gifted craftsmen at Mattiazzi, is a testament to the hold that simplicity has on the human spirit. Half-moon armrests merge into a rounded back rest, mirroring the curve of the Solo Chair's circular seat. This is an elegant chair that doesn't have any pretensions. Avaliable in six frame finishes, with or without a leather upholstered seat/back.
What's To Like:
- This is a chair that a Hobbit could sit on - and not because it's small. No, because it's simple, clean, and well-made.
- At the same time, the Solo Chair wouldn't look out of place in the finest homes, because of its superb balance and cohesive design ethic.
- Everything in its place: the back mirrors the seat mirrors the legs, all in perfect proportion to each other.
What's Not to Like:
You could pay less for a dining chair. Honestly, you could. But this one's worth the price.
The Bottom Line:
The Solo Chair from Mattiazzi is beautiful, elegantly proportioned, and excellently made. This side chair can be an heirloom-quality feature of any modern home.
- Overall: 29.25" h x 21.75" w x 19.25" d
- Seat height: 19" h
- Solid natural ash or oak construction, with painted ash options
- Durable plastic glides on legs protect your flooring
- Hand-fitted joints ensure proper alignment and solid construction
- Upholstered seat option features a number of leather choices
- Stackable up to 3 chairs high
The Mattiazzi Solo Chair is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: MGZ00.N, MGZ00.U, MGZ00.S.