Sparrow Glider and Ottoman
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
Sometimes all you need for a comfortable afternoon is a little motion - especially when it's as easy and gentle as the motion produced by the Sparrow Glider. Its matching ottoman also glides, giving you the pleasant experience of synchronous head-to-toe rocking. With a shape inspired by classic chairs of yesteryear and an FSC Certified wood frame, the Sparrow Glider is both reminiscent and responsibly produced.
What's To Like:
- Ergonomic proportions offer comfortable neck support and let you place your arms in the right place. Not only that, but the motion that the Sparrow Glider allows gives a more restful sitting experience than you'd get in an immobile lounge chair.
- If you love an eclectic mix of modern and antique, you'll love the style of this glider and ottoman set. Comfortable antique-style lines, tightly tucked back upholstery, and well-chosen neutral color options round out the look.
What's Not to Like:
If you're looking for a glider that won't need upkeep, look for one that's leather-covered. This one will need vacuuming every so often.
The Bottom Line:
The Sparrow Glider and Ottoman from Gus Modern combine the styling touches you're used to from Gus with the versatile functionality of the best kind of furniture - the kind that can easily be used in different areas of the home.
- Chair: 37" h x 26" w x 34" d | Arm height: 22" | Seat height: 17"
- Ottoman: 16.5" h x 22" w x 20.5" d
- Hardwood frame is constructed from FSC Certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Small cushion included for extra back support
- Stress tested joints
- Tightly upholstered back
- Down feather-stuffed cushions
- Plastic bumpers on base to prevent floor damage
- Matching ottoman also glides
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.