by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
The mid-century inspired Spencer Lounge Chair takes many of the styling cues made famous by designers like Florence Knoll and places them seamlessly within our modern context. Low and wide - roomier than past designs - the Spencer Chair features classic blind-tufted seat and back cushion upholstery with a stainless steel inset base for a subtle change of pace from the design norm.
What's To Like:
- When we hear the name "Spencer," we think "dependable, good-looking, and well-informed." That's a good way to describe the Spencer Lounge Chair. It's awfully sturdy, and has looks to die for. We're not sure where the "well-informed" part fits in.
- Here's a modern lounge chair that will work well in almost any setting, and with almost any kind of decor around it. You want flexible? Here it is.
What's Not to Like:
The only downside of the Spencer Chair is its price. This kind of well-designed quality isn't cheap.
The Bottom Line:
The Spencer Chair from Gus Modern is a solid choice - not just in terms of style but also in terms of construction, which is top notch.
- Overall dimensions: 31" h x 37" w x 34" d
- Blind-tufted seat and back cushion
- Stainless steel base with brushed finish
- FSC-Certified wood components
- Extra-wide seat for roomy lounging
- Base is recessed from the sides for a "floating" look
- Stress-tested joints
- Non-marking leveler feet on the bottom of the legs
- Coordinate with the matching Spencer Sofa or Spencer Loft Bisectional Sofa
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.