Spencer Loft Bisectional Sofa
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
The mid-century inspired Spencer Loft Bisectional Sofa takes many of the styling cues made famous by designers of the mid-century movement and places them seamlessly within our modern context. The Spencer Sofa features classic blind-tufted seat and back cushion upholstery with a stainless steel inset base for a subtle change of pace from the design norm. Spencer's chaise is detachable, can be switched side to side, and is perfect for social gatherings.
What's To Like:
- When we hear the name "Spencer," we think "dependable, good-looking, and well-informed." That's a good way to describe the Spencer Sofa. It's awfully sturdy, and has looks to die for. We're not sure where the "well-informed" part fits in.
- A more compact version of the Spencer Sofa, the Loft version has a detachable chaise that can be used as a loveseat to make this a versatile and comfortable addition to your space.
What's Not to Like:
The only downside of the Spencer Loft Bisectional Sofa is its price. This kind of well-designed quality isn't cheap.
The Bottom Line:
The Spencer Loft Bisectional Sofa from Gus Modern is a solid choice - not just in terms of style but also in terms of construction, which is top notch.
- Dimensions: 31" h x 83" w x 34" d
- Mid-Century Modern style
- Chaise can be used as stand alone seating when separated from Sofa
- Hardwood frame is constructed with FSC Certified wood in support of responsible forest management
- Steel base is recessed from the sides for a "floating" look
Frame and cushions have piping along edges
- Two square bolster pillows included for good looks and comfort
- Stress-tested joints
- Non-marking leveler feet on the bottom of the legs
- Coordinate with the matching Spencer Chair or Spencer Sofa
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.