Thompson Dining Chair, Set of 2
by Gus Modern
At A Glance:
A modern, understated dining chair inspired by the mid-century Eames Plywood Chair, the Thompson Dining Chair gives any dining area a classic modern flavor. Comes in a variety of seat and leg colors to match your dining room decor.
What's To Like:
- The Thompson Dining Chair takes risks - and succeeds. Bringing several different design cues together in one chair is harder than it looks.
- Upholstery! Our poor, sore hindquarters are happy to see this classy dining chair's padded seat and back.
What's Not to Like:
It'd be easy for us to just focus on the "looks good" aspect of this chair, but there are some who will absolutely dislike the Thompson Chair's appearance. Consider this a nod to those folks, whoever they are.
The Bottom Line:
The Thompson Dining Chair from Gus Modern bears the marks of its mid-century predecessors, and it bears them well.
- Dimensions: 31" h x 18" w x 18" d
- Classic Mid-Century styling
- Legs available in walnut or oak finish
- Curved plywood seat and back
- Seat and back pads available in black or white vinyl
- Plastic tack-glide feet on legs prevent floor damage
With a focus on simple forms and honest materials, Gus Design Group's vision is to bring comfortable sofas, modern tables, and striking accent pieces to modern interiors everywhere. Their sofas, lounge chairs, and ottomans are an excellent choice for anyone with a fondness for mid-century design, from which Gus Modern draws much of its inspiration. Gus Modern is based in Toronto, Canada.