Catalina 2-Door, 1 Drawer Buffet
by Copeland Furniture
Combining the warmth of solid wood with the beautiful forms of the modern furniture era, the Catalina 2-Door, 1 Drawer Buffet is simple and clean, with a slightly angled linear base. Designs of the mid-century modern period reflected a sense of hope and the promise of an ideal future. Now, comfort and nostalgia can be found in the Catalina buffet's retro-modern shape and sensibility.
This small buffet consists of a two door cabinet and top silverware drawer. Beautifully crafted integrated wooden bar pulls run the length of its doors and drawers. Self-closing door hinges and an open interior with adjustable shelving make the buffet a pleasure to use.
The drawer features asymmetrical English dovetail joinery and a fully finished and sanded interior with under-mounted, soft-close drawer slides. The silverware drawer keeps your utensils sorted and protected with Guardian Anti-Tarnish lining and cloth.
The Catalina buffet is made from solid American black walnut hardwood with a Natural or Slate finish. Hand-crafted with impeccable quality and attention to detail, this buffet is bound to last through generations of use and enjoyment.
Catalina 2-Door, 1 Drawer Buffet features:
- Overall size: 33.5" w x 18" d x 36" h
- Adjustable shelf aids in organization
- Self-closing hinges and drawer slides make operation silent and smooth
- Drawer is finished inside and out, and features anti-tarnish cloth lining
- Crafted in solid black walnut wood
- Two satin surface finishes: standard lacquer top coat or formaldehyde-free water based top coat
- Made to Order - it's your furniture from start to finish
- Made in the United States
*Natural variations in solid wood and hand-applied finishes make each piece unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities tell you that the furniture has been crafted from solid wood, and are considered hallmarks of quality.
About the Manufacturer
In 1976, Copeland Furniture began bringing solid hardwood furniture to market through retail partners that shared their passion for timeless design and unparalleled quality. Since then, they've grown from a one-man shop to a family-owned and operated business that is one of the largest employers in Bradford, Vermont. Copeland has built a brand that's known for honesty, integrity, and fairness. Their growing line of products continue to reflect traditional craftsmanship values and evolving market demands.
Today Copeland Furniture manufactures a full line of bedroom, dining room and home office furniture. Designs range from transitional to highly contemporary. Diverse design influences include Arts and Crafts, Asian Design, Shaker Furniture, Scandinavian Design and the architecture and environment of Copeland's home state, Vermont.
Preservation and stewardship are values that run deep in Vermont. They run deep at Copeland Furniture too. Their commitment to sustainability is reflected in the furniture they design and manufacture. They know that our environment is, in many ways, very fragile, and that we are the beneficiaries of the strong stewardship ethic practiced and passed down by those who went before us. It is Copeland Furniture's hope that the next generation appreciates their stewardship and is inspired to continue the tradition.
Materials & Measurements
Solid American Black Walnut wood
Overall: 33.5" w x 18" d x 36" h
Copeland Furniture deeply values preservation and stewardship of natural resources. Some of their commitments include:
- Using sustainably harvested hardwoods from the American Northern Forest
- Using only lumber from within 500 miles of their factory, using less fossil fuel in transportation
- Working with the SmartWood program of the Rainforest Alliance (wood solely from forests that are not threatened, not in significant need of conservation, and contain no GMO trees)
- Maintaining FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification
- Making water-based finishes available on most of their furniture, with the benefit of drastically reduced VOC emissions and less off-gassing at the customers' homes
- Creating durable, heirloom-quality furniture that will be able to be handed down through generations
- Reducing packaging material, and recycling all packaging waste
- Heating the factory completely with wood waste from manufacturing, in order to reduce consumption of imported oil