Catalina King Bed
by Copeland Furniture
Combining the warmth of solid wood with the beautiful forms of the modern furniture era, the Catalina king bed is suggestive of the works of America's Mid-Century Modern designers. Designs of that period reflected a sense of hope and the promise of an ideal future. Now, comfort and nostalgia can be found in the Catalina bed's retro-modern shapes and sensibilities. The Catalina king bed with included slats is low and sleek, designed for a mattress only, and is available in two heights.
A beautiful piece of furniture, the Catalina King Bed is also available as a queen size bed.
Catalina King Bed features:
- King size: 82.5" w x 88.75" l x 37" or 40" h
- California King size: 78.5" w x 92.375" l x 37" or 40" h
- Slats included
- Crafted in your choice of solid maple or walnut wood
- Choose between 37" or 40" heights (the difference is in the leg height)
- Made to Order - it's your furniture from start to finish
- Recommended mattress thickness is 8" to 12" (but honestly, a little thicker won't be a problem)
- Box spring not needed, providing for a cleaner, more stylish look
- Made in the United States
*Natural variations in solid wood and hand-applied finishes make each piece unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities tell you that the furniture has been crafted from solid wood, and are considered hallmarks of quality.
About the Manufacturer
In 1976, Copeland Furniture began bringing solid hardwood furniture to market through retail partners that shared their passion for timeless design and unparalleled quality. Since then, they've grown from a one-man shop to a family-owned and operated business that is one of the largest employers in Bradford, Vermont. Copeland has built a brand that's known for honesty, integrity, and fairness. Their growing line of products continue to reflect traditional craftsmanship values and evolving market demands.
Today Copeland Furniture manufactures a full line of bedroom, dining room and home office furniture. Designs range from transitional to highly contemporary. Diverse design influences include Arts and Crafts, Asian Design, Shaker Furniture, Scandinavian Design and the architecture and environment of Copeland's home state, Vermont.
Preservation and stewardship are values that run deep in Vermont. They run deep at Copeland Furniture too. Their commitment to sustainability is reflected in the furniture they design and manufacture. They know that our environment is, in many ways, very fragile, and that we are the beneficiaries of the strong stewardship ethic practiced and passed down by those who went before us. It is Copeland Furniture's hope that the next generation appreciates their stewardship and is inspired to continue the tradition.
Copeland Furniture deeply values preservation and stewardship of natural resources. Some of their commitments include:
- Using sustainably harvested hardwoods from the American Northern Forest
- Using only lumber from within 500 miles of their factory, using less fossil fuel in transportation
- Working with the SmartWood program of the Rainforest Alliance (wood solely from forests that are not threatened, not in significant need of conservation, and contain no GMO trees)
- Maintaining FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certification
- Making water-based finishes available on most of their furniture, with the benefit of drastically reduced VOC emissions and less off-gassing at the customers' homes
- Creating durable, heirloom-quality furniture that will be able to be handed down through generations
- Reducing packaging material, and recycling all packaging waste
- Heating the factory completely with wood waste from manufacturing, in order to reduce consumption of imported oil
Materials & Measurements
Solid maple or walnut wood
King size: 82.5" w x 88.75" l x 37" or 40" h
California King size: 78.5" w x 92.375" l x 37" or 40" h