Coffee Table SM 231
At A Glance:
The SM 231 Coffee Table is to coffee tables what the Bugatti Veyron is to sports cars. This one rises above them all. It's simply beautiful, with a finely-finished wood top and legs and an unobtrusive black lower shelf that hides in plain sight. With slightly canted, wedge-shaped legs and a base that forms an "X" on the floor, this oval coffee table exudes modern luxury.
What's To Like:
- The lower shelf doesn't intrude into view, especially if you're not using it at the moment - it's recessed back below the tabletop by about 9 inches
- This is one of those tables whose form far outshines its function, because of the dramatic oval sweep and canted legs...
- ...But its function can't be missed either - with a lower shelf that's perfect for storing reading material, you'll have a clear tabletop
- Strong, sturdy, real wood (or veneer); you've been looking for this coffee table for a while, haven't you
What's Not to Like:
- Oh, we could complain about the price ... but truth be told, the SM 231 seems priced about right
- Real wood has real advantages - and real vulnerabilities; don't leave kids with staining foods near this table
The Bottom Line:
This coffee table is a great choice for any living space that has room (both visual and spatial) for a dramatic piece. The SM 231 Coffee Table is the perfect companion for a central sitting area.
- 53" w x 30.3" d x 18" h
- Oval top with beveled lower edge
- Legs are slightly canted and set back from the tabletop's edge
- Your choice of wood veneer or solid wood
- Sturdier than sturdy
The Skovby Coffee Table SM 231 is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: SM231.
Materials & Measurements
Your choice of wood with veneer or solid wood
53" w x 30.3" d x 18" h
About the Manufacturer
As a family owned company in Denmark, Skovby has a proud history spanning three generations. From a small workshop in 1933 to its position today as a worldwide supplier, Skovby has maintained the same standard of design plus functionality. From the drying of the raw timber and careful selection of veneers to the finished product, no compromise is made. The skills employed in the use of the natural timbers and the variations therein ensure the individuality of each finished piece.