Cosm Task Chair by Herman Miller
The COSM Chair by Herman Miller represents a departure from ergonomic task chairs as we’ve come to know them and a turn to what an ergonomic task chair should be. In an ideal world, your chair should be something you don’t even think about. You should sit down and be ready to work. That’s what the COSM Chair accomplishes. It makes pressure-point free sitting intuitive and automatic.
Designed by Studio 7.5, Herman Miller wanted a chair that was actually responsive to the sitter. Drawing on similar silhouettes to past designs like the Setu and Eames Aluminum Group, the goal was to make a chair that is supportive the very first time you sit in it. You don’t need to adjust it; the chair simply responds to your body’s unique needs. Built out of a reactive frame and breathable mesh, the chair is ready for your body to tell it what to do. You don’t have to push buttons and pull levers. You just sit down. It’s one of the first truly non-adjustable ergonomic chairs that the world has ever seen. The COSM Chair is straightforwardness in a world of overcomplication. Simplify your workday with a chair as smart as you are.
- Natural Balanced Movement: Herman Miller chairs move in tandem with you, through any change in position, keeping your entire body stress-free.
- Total Spinal Support: When your body is properly supported as you sit, you have the strength you need to stay comfortable and injury-free as you work. The Cosm chair's intercept suspension eliminates gaps between seat and back through continuous contour, enveloping you and offering uninterrupted comfort and ergonomic support.
- Dynamic Fit: Herman Miller's high-performance task chairs are designed to support you through all your twists and turns, no matter the shape or size of your body.
- Auto-Harmonic Tilt: Provides natural, balanced motion through a range of posture changes. Automated interface eliminates the need for tilt tension adjustment while providing the proper support and the right amount of tension.
- The Cosm chair's flexible frame allows for torsional flex so you can stretch and reach laterally.
- The new Leaf arm cradles the elbow in tasking or casual postures, without interfering with the work surfaces.
- Innovative Intercept Suspension mesh is breathable and temperature-neutral. The continuous form of this elastomeric suspension eliminates the gap between the seat and back, conforming to each person's body to provide dynamic spinal support.
Materials & Measurements
Overall: 29.3" H x 29.3" W x 26.7" D
Overall Product Weight: 50
Seat Height Range: 14.8” to 20.9”
Assembly Required: No
About the Manufacturer
Herman Miller Authorized Retailer
Herman Miller is an industry leader in the integration of cutting edge technology to furniture and other household items to make everyday life more comfortable, convenient, and stylish. Herman Miller stands out at the forefront of such fields as ergonomic technologies, environmentally friendly manufacturing processes, and customizable furniture items.
In addition to producing some of the most outstanding office furniture in the world, Herman Miller has also taken on the responsibility of manufacturing some of the most celebrated furniture designs by some of the world's most famous designs. These "modern classics" include works by Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. Herman Miller celebrates these famous mid-century designers' works through its extraordinarily precise manufacturing techniques and industry-leading green production processes.
Herman Miller is a global company with operations, sales offices, dealers, and licensees in more than 40 countries in North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, serving customers virtually anywhere in the world. Herman Miller is headquartered in Zeeland, Michigan, while manufacturing facilities are located in the U.S., China, Italy, and the United Kingdom.