Eames Desk by Herman Miller
Don't see a configuration you like? Customize your Eames Desk by Herman Miller.
Herman Miller Eames Desk
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance:
Introduced in 1952, the Eames Desk Units helped establish an exciting new residential furniture look. It's also at home in the contemporary office. The desk complements Eames Storage Units, or it can stand alone.
Compact version also available.
What's To Like:
Imagine a desk that's functional and attractive, with modern stylization and sensible features. Imagine a desk with vibrant, eye-catching color that blends well with most any environment. A desk that works equally well as a work station, a piece of art, and a focal point of any room. Obviously, what you'll come up with is the Herman Miller Eames Desk.
What's Not to Like:
If you need extra storage space and you don't want to buy an Eames Storage Unit or some other office storage to go with it - or if you don't have room for another piece of furniture, this desk isn't a good choice. But if you don't need extra storage space, you've found what you're looking for with the Eames Desk.
The Bottom Line:
Desks and storage units have always presented a design challenge. For serious designers, who expect to make beautiful things as well as useful things, creating something as traditional and explicitly utilitarian as a desk or storage unit can seem like a chore. But Herman Miller's Eames Desk is at once playful, sturdy, functional, and beautiful - an heirloom piece from some of the most heralded designers in history.
- Fit the need. Desks can have the drawer on the right or left side.
- Fit the decor. Each configuration is offered in two color schemes: neutral or vibrant. More information on the color schemes is available in the FAQ section below.
- Birch veneer. Tops and file fronts have a clear finish; shelves have a black stain.
- Strong and durable. Uprights, cross-supports, and perforated panels are zinc-coated steel; drawer fronts and shelves are smooth plywood; side panels are painted hardboard.
- Easy on floors. Feet have nylon glides.
Want more information? You can read our independently conducted review of the Eames Desk and Storage Units.
The Herman Miller Eames Desk is also known by the following manufacturer Item Numbers: EDU20, EDU21.
See all product information and details here