Eames Storage Unit, 2 x 2 with Doors by Herman Miller
Don't see a configuration you like? Customize your Eames Storage Unit, 2 x 2 with Doors by Herman Miller.
Herman Miller Eames Storage Unit, 2 x 2 with Doors
designed by Charles and Ray Eames
At A Glance:
The Eames Storage Unit is true to the inventive originals introduced in 1950. Designed as both storage place and display cabinet, it is a striking example of how Charles and Ray Eames extended the boundaries of design to create a new modern aesthetic for the office and home. Long before "modularity" and "high tech" entered the design lexicon, Charles and Ray Eames were using industrial production techniques to provide ample storage, work, and display space. Available in Vibrant or Neutral color scheme.
What's To Like:
Variety! Storage cabinets are commonly boring as all get out, just straight lines and monochromatic laminate. The Eames Storage Unit melts those constraints away with formed plywood cabinet doors, hardwood sides, color panels, crossed wire, and the steel structure that holds the whole shelving unit together. Love it.
What's Not To Like:
Well, the cost is high, if you're only shopping for a storage unit. However, if you're shopping for an icon, a beloved feature of your home, or an immortal design, The price tag for the Eames Storage Unit is totally justifiable.
The Bottom Line:
The Eames Storage Unit does the dirty work of storage without ever breaking a sweat, and its beautiful, mid-century modern design is simply brilliant. Its lines remind us of some of the homes that Charles Eames designed, and the light that its open sides allows through give it a quality few storage units have - spaciousness.
- Overall: 32.5" h x 47" w x 16" d
- Birch veneer
- Tops and cabinet fronts have a clear finish; shelves have a black stain
- Uprights, cross-supports, and perforated panels are zinc-coated steel
- Shelves are smooth plywood
- Side panels are painted hardboard
- Storage unit cabinet fronts are plywood, molded to form round dimples
- Feet have nylon glides
- Storage units are composed of cases, cabinets, and drawers in five configurations and four sizes
- Each configuration is offered in two color schemes: neutrals or brights
- Other Storage Unit configurations available:
View 1x1 Storage Unit
View 1x2 Storage Unit
View 2x2 Storage Unit
View 4x2 Storage Unit
If you'd like more information, why not read our independently conducted review of the Eames Desk and Storage Units?
The Herman Miller Eames Storage Unit, 2 x 2 with Doors is also known by the following manufacturer Item Number: ESU230.
See all product information and details here