Hosta Queen Bed
A part of Greenington's original collection, the Hosta Queen bed is a beautifully simple (simply beautiful?) bamboo platform bed with paneled headboard and footboard. Clean lines and a caramelized finish combine to create a warmth that will bring your whole bedroom alive. The caramelized finish isn't an applied finish - instead, it's "baked" into the bamboo through a steam heating process when the laminate boards are being made. This platform bed is lastingly beautiful.
A beautiful and eco-friendly piece of furniture, the Hosta bed is also available as a king-size bed.
Hosta Queen Bed features:
- 65" w x 85.5" l (41" h at headboard, 21" h at footboard)
- Greenington's first design
- Crafted from solid Bamboo laminate boards
- Bamboo boards made by fusing thin strips of Bamboo under high pressure
- Wood process yields formaldehyde levels safely below OSHA and California standards
- Bamboo is 20 percent harder than Oak
- Free curbside shipping!
- Box spring not needed, providing for a cleaner, more stylish look
*Natural variations in the wood make each piece unique. Slight grain and finish irregularities tell you that the furniture has been crafted from solid Bamboo.
About the Manufacturer
Greenington makes beautiful Bamboo bedroom sets, dining sets, tables, chairs, and beds. Their factories are located in China, right next to our planet's most renewable source of lumber - Bamboo forests. With years of experience making plywood boards out of strips of Bamboo, and an eye for beautiful, balanced furniture design, Greenington stands out as a quality manufacturer of Bamboo furniture. Greenington maintains an edge by using the newest technology and the highest-grade Bamboo available; their factories are run with strict quality control guidelines in order to deliver the finest furniture possible.
Materials & Measurements
Solid Bamboo plywood in Carmelized Finish
65" w x 85.5" l (41" h at headboard, 21" h at footboard)
Greenington maintains a respect for the environment, and this shows in all stages of their furniture-making process:
- Bamboo is a quick-growing resource, reaching maturity within 5 years
- Greenington only uses Bamboo that has reached maturity
- The adhesive used to bond strips together into boards emits low levels of formaldehyde, meeting both OSHA and California standards
- Greenington's factories are located near the Bamboo source, minimizing the pre-fabrication carbon footprint